Powered by Outside

2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: May 3, 2024 at 17:00 Quote
Need some advice. I’ve just bought an enduro as it was under 3k new! Issue is I weight 125kg and it’s coming with a coil shock! I can’t seems to find a spring that fits the shock that’s more that 650lbs! I ideally need 750-800lbs! I was 145kg 5 months ago and am continuing to loose weight and riding really helps. Can anyone point me in the right direction of a very stiff spring? I’ve moved over from air shocks and even at max psi I would bottom them out.

Posted: May 4, 2024 at 3:40 Quote
zakfraiz wrote:
Need some advice. I’ve just bought an enduro as it was under 3k new! Issue is I weight 125kg and it’s coming with a coil shock! I can’t seems to find a spring that fits the shock that’s more that 650lbs! I ideally need 750-800lbs! I was 145kg 5 months ago and am continuing to loose weight and riding really helps. Can anyone point me in the right direction of a very stiff spring? I’ve moved over from air shocks and even at max psi I would bottom them out.

Check the super light V2 from EXT. They offer even 800lbs springs, but they recommend using the stronger shock shaft.

Posted: May 4, 2024 at 9:05 Quote
650 might be closer than you think. Try one if they’re readily available.

O+
Posted: May 4, 2024 at 14:38 Quote
I got my warranty frame today. Was replaced due to headset bearing seat of course. Received a white s works with carbon links. I was not expecting that after seeing all the black warranty frames coming out. I thought they weren’t sending out the carbon links anymore. Anybody experience this or have any insight? I’m wondering if it’s an earlier year model frame.

O+
Posted: May 4, 2024 at 16:14 Quote
sophisticatedhonky wrote:
I got my warranty frame today. Was replaced due to headset bearing seat of course. Received a white s works with carbon links. I was not expecting that after seeing all the black warranty frames coming out. I thought they weren’t sending out the carbon links anymore. Anybody experience this or have any insight? I’m wondering if it’s an earlier year model frame.

The links are still carbon but the wishbones are aluminum. They were originally carbon

O+
Posted: May 4, 2024 at 20:40 Quote

White s works sounds badass. I heard the next update is for sure the stumpy so maybe this white version is to take us through this year before the new one comes out. Pics please!

O+
Posted: May 6, 2024 at 5:20 Quote
chrisclifford wrote:

The links are still carbon but the wishbones are aluminum. They were originally carbon

This frame came with carbon wishbones for some reason

Posted: May 7, 2024 at 1:20 Quote
What colour writing does it have on the frame, is it black writing over white paint like the original ones were in the review photos?

I am certain I've seen one in the UK that was white with white writing. Wondered if it was just a respray job but it looked great.

I cant tell if my headset is faulty or not, requires an abnormal amount of torque to keep it sat where it should be, cant do the bearings any good.

I think ill probably hold out as long as possible before seeking warranty replacement anyway given this generation of Enduro is clearly flawed, assume the new enduro would utilise aluminium bearing cups/geo flip cups like the Kenevo SL, Levo 3 etc.

I still love it every time I ride it though.

Posted: May 13, 2024 at 8:05 Quote
zakfraiz wrote:

Tredz?
I had a very nervous week waiting for my C2W voucher to come through before they sold out.
But I got it!

I just couldn't find anything sub £3k that even comes close.

Did you get the grey or the brown?

Posted: May 13, 2024 at 8:10 Quote
Mike172 wrote:
What colour writing does it have on the frame, is it black writing over white paint like the original ones were in the review photos?

I am certain I've seen one in the UK that was white with white writing. Wondered if it was just a respray job but it looked great.

I cant tell if my headset is faulty or not, requires an abnormal amount of torque to keep it sat where it should be, cant do the bearings any good.

I think ill probably hold out as long as possible before seeking warranty replacement anyway given this generation of Enduro is clearly flawed, assume the new enduro would utilise aluminium bearing cups/geo flip cups like the Kenevo SL, Levo 3 etc.

I still love it every time I ride it though.

From what I understand reading online, frames manufactured in the later half of '22 onwards were revised.
but you are right, there is a new Enduro due, might be worth holding out.

I've also heard that the FSA headset isnt great and commonly upgraded.

Posted: May 14, 2024 at 12:48 Quote
Casedit wrote:
zakfraiz wrote:

Tredz?
I had a very nervous week waiting for my C2W voucher to come through before they sold out.
But I got it!

I just couldn't find anything sub £3k that even comes close.

Did you get the grey or the brown?

Yeah it was from tredz, I went for the grey one!

O+
Posted: May 14, 2024 at 13:04 Quote
Prices have been slashed on the specialized website for the enduro... Maybe the new model is closer than we thought.

Posted: May 14, 2024 at 13:05 Quote
I think just high inventory...

Posted: May 14, 2024 at 13:12 Quote
duffman1976 wrote:
Prices have been slashed on the specialized website for the enduro... Maybe the new model is closer than we thought.

I say it again

2025!

O+
Posted: May 14, 2024 at 14:20 Quote
Well, I bought a DHX Factory for my Enduro, does anyone have experience with Sprindex? Or should I stick to something simple?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009162
Mobile Version of Website