Powered by Outside

Specialized Status

PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized Status
Posted: Jan 7, 2015 at 13:26 Quote
I like my HLR Air. I mean, yes, there are 'better' shocks, like a lot of people like the 2014 Viv Air. I personally hate my 2014 Vivid air (don't even get me started on Viv Air or Marzzochi). I like having a lot of adjust with the compression. WWWWAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY better than the Vivid. I don't give two hoot about beginning and ending rebound adjust. H/L compression is the way to go for adjustments, IMO.

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2015 at 17:10 Quote
Hlr coil is great. I had lots of good days on it last year. The adjustments are great and it has a good range. Not only is there a good range, but each click has a noticeable affect on the performance. This is bueno!!

Also, it's worth noting that when I opened mine from the factory, the two compression knobs wouldn't spin independent of each other. I called xfusion, and they took care of me. Great customer service from the company, and that goes a long way in my book.

Posted: Jan 7, 2015 at 23:42 Quote
I have the fox rc was shit from standard sent it away had it plushed tuned by Tf all internals reworked new spring !

It's completely different bike

Posted: Jan 9, 2015 at 3:10 Quote
Just seen the new status line up.

New status Grom

http://www.specialized.com/mt/en/bikes/mountain/status/status-grom

Raw Status1

http://www.specialized.com/mt/en/bikes/mountain/status/status-i

And they seem to have dropped the Status 2?

Posted: Jan 9, 2015 at 4:48 Quote
Liamsteer wrote:
I have the fox rc was shit from standard sent it away had it plushed tuned by Tf all internals reworked new spring !

It's completely different bike

How much did it cost mate?

I must admit this sounds quite tempting as I've heard fettle van rc's can work amazing.

Chuck a titanium spring on ..et voila!!

Posted: Jan 9, 2015 at 5:09 Quote
Status1 wrote:

New status Grom

Raw Status1

the raw one isn't available in the US yet I think cuz its not on the US page, but that looks so sick!!!

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2015 at 11:14 Quote
ctmtb98 wrote:
Status1 wrote:

New status Grom

Raw Status1

the raw one isn't available in the US yet I think cuz its not on the US page, but that looks so sick!!!
Guess it won't be then.. Same as the black/red in 2012 was't, I believe..they often sell only some colourways in come countries, such as no yellow/black S-Works this year in Canada Frown

Posted: Jan 11, 2015 at 6:48 Quote
Anyone ever run an XV air can on their DBair? I bought mine from a website that originally purchased it for an oem build but didnt use it for whatever reason and sold it to me for cheap Big Grin . Anyways, it came with an xv air can and the wrong hardware size. I re-used my old xfusion hardware (is that okay? It fit fine) and plan on riding it with the Xv can unless recommended otherwise. I weigh about 150 lbs or so if that makes a difference.

O+
Posted: Jan 11, 2015 at 10:24 Quote
illewminati wrote:
Anyone ever run an XV air can on their DBair? I bought mine from a website that originally purchased it for an oem build but didnt use it for whatever reason and sold it to me for cheap Big Grin . Anyways, it came with an xv air can and the wrong hardware size. I re-used my old xfusion hardware (is that okay? It fit fine) and plan on riding it with the Xv can unless recommended otherwise. I weigh about 150 lbs or so if that makes a difference.
I'm at 150 psi and running the standard air can, I actually threw in a spacer to even reduce the air volume a wee bit. The more progressive shock stroke makes it sit higher in travel and therefore gives a bit more aggresive ride. It feels spot on right now, uses all travel just where it should.
I'd think with the XV can it would be a bit too linear, since even with the standard can without a spacer it was. I like to run around 33% sag in the rear though, and that probably affects how bit air can you want a lot. If you run lower sag, perhaps a bigger air can will make sense, as it could get harder to use the full travel.

Posted: Jan 11, 2015 at 11:43 Quote
MrDuck wrote:
illewminati wrote:
I'm at 150 psi and running the standard air can, I actually threw in a spacer to even reduce the air volume a wee bit. The more progressive shock stroke makes it sit higher in travel and therefore gives a bit more aggresive ride. It feels spot on right now, uses all travel just where it should.
I'd think with the XV can it would be a bit too linear, since even with the standard can without a spacer it was. I like to run around 33% sag in the rear though, and that probably affects how bit air can you want a lot. If you run lower sag, perhaps a bigger air can will make sense, as it could get harder to use the full travel.
Do you know where I could buy a normal air can? Cane creek's website only sells the xv.

O+
Posted: Jan 11, 2015 at 17:04 Quote
illewminati wrote:
MrDuck wrote:
illewminati wrote:
Do you know where I could buy a normal air can? Cane creek's website only sells the xv.
I think a CC service center should have them around, or be able to stock them. If not, just get in touch with Cane Creek, they're quite helpful from my experience! Smile

Posted: Jan 12, 2015 at 7:31 Quote
lads am still having bother with these head bearings

what size bearings do I need ? intergraded ?

new to this just need help as mine are knackered

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2015 at 8:52 Quote
Liamsteer wrote:

Go on to cane creek website and use their headset finder. Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy

Posted: Jan 12, 2015 at 10:55 Quote
Liamsteer wrote:

May consider buying these (if you run 1 1/8" steerer fork):

http://www.workscomponents.co.uk/10-degree-zs49---zs49---traditional-15-reducer-headset-30-p.asp

No issue at all so far (2 seasons), I have used their angleset on my BigHit as well.

Posted: Jan 20, 2015 at 12:33 Quote
photo
photo

mudguard was broken after jumped a little kicker,should to remove and setup a new one))

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018952
Mobile Version of Website