Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 15:22 Quote
milanboez wrote:
eicca wrote:
milanboez wrote:
Trek Slash with CCDB shock

My Slash with a fresh CCDB Inline from TF - 2.5' stroke lowered and tuned.

Coil shock has really made the bike come alive on downhills - it's ridiculous. Offset bushing at the bottom gives it seattube clearance. Not the most climb friendly (climb switch helps though) but it's worth it when you point down.

I absolutely love that color. Any more details on the hardware you used to fit the coil shock?

Thanks man, more of a black bike kinda guy but I got a super deal on it and beggars can't be choosers! Just has a 3mm offset bushing in the bottom.

Anyone know what bb shell size this bike has?

Looks awesome! Just a heads up, it'll be a 2mm rather than 3mm offset in the lower mount. There's not enough space for a 3mm with the bolt Trek uses!

Jeron @ Offsetbushings.com

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 16:24 Quote
And Jeron is an awesome man! Helped put the McLeod on the Roscoe and it rocks

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 at 3:10 Quote
photo

My new 2017 Slash 9.9. I couldn't be happier with how it rides.Cool There are sure to be some mods over time but at the moment its fairly stock, just tubeless and set in the slack setting.

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 at 4:11 Quote
Nice, but please keep the sun at your back. Otherwise the camera will start to look like WTH's potato...

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 at 5:45 Quote
macross87 wrote:
Nice, but please keep the sun at your back. Otherwise the camera will start to look like WTH's potato...

Cool

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 at 8:31 Quote
waxie78 wrote:
photo

My new 2017 Slash 9.9. I couldn't be happier with how it rides.Cool There are sure to be some mods over time but at the moment its fairly stock, just tubeless and set in the slack setting.

Final weight? How does it climb?

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 at 13:58 Quote
waxie78 wrote:
photo

Great photo Waxie, welcome Smile

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 at 14:01 Quote
Sorry for the late reply. It climbs a little better, mostly due to the better rear shock. Both in climbing and descending the rear end feels way better on the 2017. Only issue I've had is the dropper post (KS Lev Integra) started sticking now and then. I have to give it a little pull before it comes up if I've been sitting on it in the down position.

Any suggestions out there for replacements? What's the opinion on the Bontrager Drop Line?

C-los wrote:
benuntu wrote:
My 2017 Remedy 8

So far, it seems like a perfect update on my "old" 2014. Better tires, dropper post, Pike fork, better rear suspension feel. No complaints yet except for the Deore brakes, which I swapped for XTs.

photo

How does it climb compared to your 2014?

Posted: Jun 9, 2017 at 4:41 Quote
No complaints on how it climbs, seems very efficient. Going down it feels very stable/balanced and smooth over just about anything. I cant wait to push it harder and find out where its limits are.

Posted: Jun 9, 2017 at 8:06 Quote
Hey guys i want to buy a 2015 trek remedy 8 and don't have a dropper and i want to buy one this frame has internal routing for dropper post?Thanks

O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2017 at 8:25 Quote
Yes it has internal routing for the dropper. cable exits at the bottom of the seattube, and then runs externally. You should find plenty of images on Google...

Posted: Jun 9, 2017 at 23:41 Quote
AlexxxC wrote:
waxie78 wrote:
I have just picked up a new 2017 Slash 9.9 RSL and noticed there is a pic of a goat jumping over a mountain behind the seat tube, anyone know what that is about? seems a little out of place.

I will post some pics soon.

It could possibly be Herman the sheep, Treks mascot, although I'm not too sure on the story behind him.

Its on my Slash, don't have a clue but its cool

Posted: Jun 10, 2017 at 0:54 Quote
I have a Trek Remedy 7 and at some point want to buy a coil shock for it but the measurements for the shock is a pain in the ass. I don't want to fit a shock with offset bushings. If the new super deluxe coil releases to consumers it might fit... Any suggestions? the shock is 230 x 57.5mm

Posted: Jun 10, 2017 at 18:43 Quote
photo

Here is my Trek remedy 8. The bike handle super good, very playfull !! I'm just a bit disapointed with the brakes set up that trek put on this bike. It will be my next upgrade for sure. Although, im very surprised on how well this bike climb ... considering that I was riding a kona entourage as my first bike. I thought I wouldn't like to climb but now it doesn't bother me anymore. Very happy costumer from Trek and this bike's performances are worth every penny that I spent for this bike !!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.041001
Mobile Version of Website