Powered by Outside

Santa Cruz Hightower LT

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Hightower LT
Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 22:30 Quote
That's not right. You bought the bike like that?...

I'd get a 150/160mm fork on that bike before upgrading or tweaking anything.[/Quote]

@Nubbs - All good, I just picked up a 160 fox factory 2020 kashima. I just need to find end caps to fit the fox fork on front wheel... Still a noob at this just sucked to find out i needed another part not easily available... I cant wait to ride the new setup

Posted: Sep 6, 2021 at 22:15 Quote
Mister-r21 wrote:
That's not right. You bought the bike like that?...

I'd get a 150/160mm fork on that bike before upgrading or tweaking anything.

@Nubbs - All good, I just picked up a 160 fox factory 2020 kashima. I just need to find end caps to fit the fox fork on front wheel... Still a noob at this just sucked to find out i needed another part not easily available... I cant wait to ride the new setup[/Quote]
Yeah it’s all good tho, you learned something and you’ll have a great bike in the end. Congrats!

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 0:17 Quote
I was able to find a great deal off another member on here on 2020 Fox Factory.... IM loving that Kashima Bling. Also added a matching raceface stem..

I cant wait to ride her in the morning!

photo
photo

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 12:52 Quote
Mister-r21 wrote:
I was able to find a great deal off another member on here on 2020 Fox Factory.... IM loving that Kashima Bling. Also added a matching raceface stem..

Looking awesome!

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 13:35 Quote
Mister-r21 wrote:

photo
photo

That’s more like it!!

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 5:20 Quote
Kabrex wrote:
Nice with the Reserves too!

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 20:22 Quote
What’s up guys
I’ve been riding my HT V2 for the past two months now. I’m very impressed with it and the only issue I’m noticing is my dropper. I’m 6ft riding a Lg. I currently have a Bikeyoke Revive 213. It sticks quite a ways out and is slightly too high for optimal saddle height.
For those of you who are my height on a large what dropper are you running and how do you like it? I want to be able to get as close to slammed as possible but I know I need more than 180 because that’s what was originally on the bike when I got it

Thanks for any help

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 22:33 Quote
Mister-r21 wrote:

photo
photo

looking good.

Posted: Sep 18, 2021 at 4:12 Quote
Mister-r21 wrote:

photo
photo

How do you ride with that saddle pointed up like that?

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 8:57 Quote
Got a smoking deal on an X2 here on the buy/sell so I'm going to upgrage from my dpx2. What options do I have for water bottles now? Is the small fidlock the only thing that will fit?

O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 9:05 Quote
OCSunDevil wrote:
Got a smoking deal on an X2 here on the buy/sell so I'm going to upgrage from my dpx2. What options do I have for water bottles now? Is the small fidlock the only thing that will fit?

Some smaller camelbak bottles fit. especially if you remove the nozzle bit on them

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 9:36 Quote
OCSunDevil wrote:

Please post up your comparo. Interested in the pedaling firmness vs. downhill suppleness by tuning. Can't tune much on the dpx2. Also curious about the new shock, but still doesn't have the tuning circuits on the X2.

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 15:18 Quote
@gmoss I'm not super knowledgeable or technical about suspension so take all of this with a grain of salt, but after a few rides I'm very happy with the X2 over the dpx2.

Like I said I got the X2 for cheap on the buy/sell pages, then got it serviced since it had air inside of it. I don't think it makes a difference, but this specific shock came off of an Intense bike (Tracer maybe? I can't remember) that had a similar leverage curve to the HTLT.

The X2 has 2 volume spacers inside of it, and I set it up based on the fox guidelines except I was a little bit closer to 30% sag. Went with their recommendations on compression, rebound, etc.

I haven't had much time to fine tune the shock but I already feel a big difference between the two. The X2 feels a lot more supportive to me through the middle of the travel. The dpx2 never felt bad necessarily, it was just a little softer through the middle of the travel especially when going through rough stuff. I had the largest volume spacer in it and if I ran more air pressure to compensate and provide more support, it would start to affect the small bump performance.

With the X2 so far the small bump is great and the shock is very very smooth. The bike seems more composed, especially through rough/chattery down hill stuff. Someone else on here said the bike came alive with the X2 and I think that's a great way to put it.

As for pedaling I always used to use the pedal switch on my dpx2. I don't see as much need for it on the X2, but if I'm going up a steep fire road or pavement to a trail I'll still use the climb switch. I might mess around with the slow speed compression/rebound to see if it improves the pedaling a little bit more.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 1:44 Quote
Hi All - I am bit late to the Hightower LT Party.
Does anyone have any recommendations for a Chainguide/Chainring Bash guard? Ideally the bash guard shouldn't hang down more than 30 or so mm below the bottom of the chain ring (i don't want to loose too much ground clearance, but want the bash guard do what its supposed to).
I have just bought a MRP AMg V2 ISCG5, but the guard does seem to way below the chainring, even when its rotated all the way back (clockwise) on its mounts.
Thanks

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.049493
Mobile Version of Website