Powered by Outside

Marzocchi 380 Master Thread

PB Forum :: Marzocchi
Marzocchi 380 Master Thread
Posted: Jun 6, 2021 at 13:10 Quote
If I weigh 185 lbs (84kg 13 stone) kitted, should I get the 6.5 spring or extra firm 7.7?. The guy who's rebuilding the fork for me says I'm right on the edge of either spring. How much do you weigh and what spring are you riding? thanks!

Posted: Jun 6, 2021 at 13:13 Quote
burritos wrote:
If I weigh 185 lbs (84kg 13 stone) kitted, should I get the 6.5 spring or extra firm 7.7?. The guy who's rebuilding the fork for me says I'm right on the edge of either spring. How much do you weigh and what spring are you riding? thanks!
7.7, im 150lbs and ride the 6.7 spring and its borderline soft

Posted: Jun 7, 2021 at 23:55 Quote
bat-fastard wrote:
katsooba wrote:
Hey guys, i recently put my hands on a 380c2r2 but i am afraid the 5.5nm ti spring is not enough for

Anyone wants to trade me for the 6.5nm spring? Shipping is on me
I've new 6.5 ti as use the 5.5 would swap. I've a ad in the buy n sell.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2702612/

Hey, how can we make the trade?

I am from Israel, shipping is cheap in and out from here, it just takes time:-)

Apparantly when i opened up my dbc i have found out that the compression lever is broken

Seems like something that cannot be fixed, exactly like one of the pictures posted here at the start of the thread

Is the only solution purchasing the avalanch cartridge?

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2021 at 18:08 Quote
does any one know why the high speed compression on the c2r2 would lose indexing? the ball is still there but it never stops for some reason.

Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 10:23 Quote
Hi guys. Is my understanding correct that the stanchions of 2017 c2r2 Ti are the same as any 2018 model? Thank you!

Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 13:49 Quote
Consiglori wrote:
Hi guys. Is my understanding correct that the stanchions of 2017 c2r2 Ti are the same as any 2018 model? Thank you!
Yep

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 23:38 Quote
Hi
Is it possible to perform a coil swap by only removing the top adjuster or does the whole leg need to come apart?
TIA

P.S I'm also looking for an X or XX 'firm coil (UK,Euro) Ti or steel cheers

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 19:29 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
Hi
Is it possible to perform a coil swap by only removing the top adjuster or does the whole leg need to come apart?
TIA

P.S I'm also looking for an X or XX 'firm coil (UK,Euro) Ti or steel cheers

Only need to pull top cap to swap springs.

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 13:33 Quote
Hey guys!

Does anybody know how to disassemble the preload adjuster? I need to get the silver adjuster off.

Posted: Dec 9, 2021 at 5:45 Quote
Hey guys
My compression damper broke from the inside, not holding the compression shims anymore

Before going the avalanch route, are there any sourceable parts for the c2r2 somewhere?

Posted: Dec 9, 2021 at 7:52 Quote
katsooba wrote:
Hey guys
My compression damper broke from the inside, not holding the compression shims anymore

Before going the avalanch route, are there any sourceable parts for the c2r2 somewhere?

Take broken bit to engineering shop and see if can get bit made be your best bet.

Posted: Dec 9, 2021 at 11:49 Quote
katsooba wrote:
Hey guys

Which part is broken?

Posted: Dec 13, 2021 at 6:20 Quote
From what it seems it looks like the most lower compression shaft part that is loading the bottom shims.

Here is a picture
i dont see how a shop could help me with this.

Real bummer

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vo2FFkptJnt_QES4deA8p-mS0NLAKLo-/view?usp=drivesdk

Posted: Dec 13, 2021 at 7:52 Quote
someone else broke it too, it happens if you don't unscrew assembly in right order. You might be in luck, the piston (orange) should screw onto bottom of black shaft in middle. the hex bit thats broke just turns it on the threads to adjust compression. Is there another bit broken off middle shaft where the threads are or is there a silver broken bit still on the threads?. The hex bar runs up inside of shaft and is connected to top adjuster.

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/15045612/

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012752
Mobile Version of Website