Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
O+
Posted: Mar 11, 2019 at 21:33 Quote
stew81 wrote:
Im trying to put on a chain guide on my patrol 18 and cant get it to fit. I used spacers to space out the guide off the frame so the gear cable doesnt get clamped and so the guide scree doesnt hit the chain stay. Ive gone to the most minimum size spacing and now the chain ring rubs on the guide without the chain on. Am i supposed to install spacers in the crank? Or just bin the guide and bash plate.
if I’m not mistaken transitions take on this issue is to cut the little zip tie on the chain stay and route the cable underneath the cable holder. This should give you the last little bit of clearance you need.

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 0:53 Quote
Hi, while cleaning my bike i noticed a bulge on the headtube where the headset cup rests (really hard to see from the picture). If i run my finger over i can feel it as it's pronounced. I have 4 rides on my patrol and didn't hit anything large(nose dived on a kicker but it wasn't a big deal) i don't think i did this to the frame. Cups have been fitted with a Unior professional tool at the lbs and i checked them to be flush with the frame.

Tbh i don't care about it (esthetically) but can this be a structural issue or is it just paint that somehow compressed ? Should i remove my lower cup and see if there's any damage ? Did not closely inspect it when the frame was received as new.

photo

Thanks it might be just my paranoia kicking in due to lack of riding.

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 9:52 Quote
stew81 wrote:
Im trying to put on a chain guide on my patrol 18 and cant get it to fit. I used spacers to space out the guide off the frame so the gear cable doesnt get clamped and so the guide scree doesnt hit the chain stay. Ive gone to the most minimum size spacing and now the chain ring rubs on the guide without the chain on. Am i supposed to install spacers in the crank? Or just bin the guide and bash plate.

It's super tight. I removed the zip tie behind the guide, and still had to hack off part of my guide's backplate, and grind down a good portion of the upper guide to fit. For referrence I have an e13 LG1 steel guide.

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 13:43 Quote
Hi everyone I currently own a 2019 carbon Patrol and I thought Id share my Fox 36 Grip 2 settings which for me seem great.
Im 76kg in weight and running 28% sag, 1 token, from open: LSR 4 to 6 clicks, HSR 8, LSC 6, HSC 4. I think more sag and adding a token was the way forward. So far so good.

Bike feels super poppy, really supple off the top and that nice bit of progression. IMO I think 15% to 20% is to hard and kills the fork a bit. Has anyone else got any recommended settings?

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 14:29 Quote
Hello my transition brothers. I have a large 2018 smuggler and i am wondering what 170mm dropper fits with the lowest possible 'stack height' . I have a 50mm brand x now and i have to run it a little higher out than frame than i'd like . thanks!

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 14:41 Quote
wordy1979 wrote:
Hi everyone I currently own a 2019 carbon Patrol and I thought Id share my Fox 36 Grip 2 settings which for me seem great.
Im 76kg in weight and running 28% sag, 1 token, from open: LSR 4 to 6 clicks, HSR 8, LSC 6, HSC 4. I think more sag and adding a token was the way forward. So far so good.

Bike feels super poppy, really supple off the top and that nice bit of progression. IMO I think 15% to 20% is to hard and kills the fork a bit. Has anyone else got any recommended settings?

Seems super fast and open. Does the front not skip around through rough terrain? I've been experimenting with settings and always come back to within 2 clicks of the factory recommend for rebound, compression. The Fox recommended psi is perfect for me with no tokens too.

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 15:00 Quote
Edit: wrong forum...

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 15:28 Quote
panaphonic wrote:
wordy1979 wrote:

Seems super fast and open. Does the front not skip around through rough terrain? I've been experimenting with settings and always come back to within 2 clicks of the factory recommend for rebound, compression. The Fox recommended psi is perfect for me with no tokens too.

Just wanted to experiment but night and day setting sag at 28%. Feels like the bike has come alive setting LSR to fully open then dialling it back until it doesn't skip about. Supple off the top and really poppy now. Gonna keep it like this for a bit maybe a couple of clicks here and there.

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 15:43 Quote
wordy1979 wrote:
panaphonic wrote:
wordy1979 wrote:

Just wanted to experiment but night and day setting sag at 28%. Feels like the bike has come alive setting LSR to fully open then dialling it back until it doesn't skip about. Supple off the top and really poppy now. Gonna keep it like this for a bit maybe a couple of clicks here and there.

How much Psi you running? That's a lot of should for a fork.

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 18:57 Quote
howsyourdad wrote:
Hello my transition brothers. I have a large 2018 smuggler and i am wondering what 170mm dropper fits with the lowest possible 'stack height' . I have a 50mm brand x now and i have to run it a little higher out than frame than i'd like . thanks!
the one up dropper has the lowest stack height of any dropper on the market right now. and, if it doesn't quite fit, you can put a spacer in. I'd be stuck with a 150 in any other brand, but i'm at about 165 with the oneup.

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 21:30 Quote
monts wrote:
Really wish we could get bearings that last longer than 6 months without having to spend $100 each on ceramic bearings. $3000 frames with crap bearings that don't last at all is kind of ridiculous.

Try using steel bearings, they'll last longer than ceramic bearings. I went through the pros and cons and found that for my riding I was better off with the cheaper steel bearings than gucci ceramic

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 21:51 Quote
panaphonic wrote:
wordy1979 wrote:
panaphonic wrote:

How much Psi you running? That's a lot of should for a fork.

It all depends how you are measuring sag. Is that sat, stood, agressive over the bars> makes a bit difference to the sag percentage. I've heard pretty similar things from my good friend, he tried 20% on the Grip2 36 and found it too harsh, put it to around 25% and loved it. I have my old 2018 36 softer than most at 25% sag too, and the grip is amazing

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 22:49 Quote
Aggressive over the bars. Always have.

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 22:56 Quote
groghunter wrote:
howsyourdad wrote:
the one up dropper has the lowest stack height of any dropper on the market right now. and, if it doesn't quite fit, you can put a spacer in. I'd be stuck with a 150 in any other brand, but i'm at about 165 with the oneup.

Ok great, I can’t knock the brand x performance , I wonder what he 170mm is like

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2019 at 4:42 Quote
Smuggler carbon owners. I have s 17’ Patrol alloy and thinking about getting a new sbg carbon smuggler to compliment it. Anyone have experience on both? Are they different enough to warrant both bikes? I ride aggressive trail with lots of technical rock features mostly with rare park and proper downhill visits.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020403
Mobile Version of Website