Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 14:12 Quote
My philosophy

Therapist Th.... Th.... The Rapist ....

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 15:05 Quote
Had my phone out reading this at the Banff Springs Hotel as a lovely older woman and her daughter sat down beside me... she glance down at me screen got up and left. Pretty sure all she saw was RAPIST

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 16:24 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
I just watched a movie on movies for your Monday. Running a marathon in under 2 hours. National Geographic documentary.

It seemed like a 10 minute video. It was 55 minutes. Absolutely riveting.

It leaves me certain that race is a thing. Though we may all be equal, we are not all the same.

And it would be a whole different world if we all worked together all the time.

Because each race has it's own strength.

And if you try to crush people down, it only makes them stronger.
Physiological traits aren't dispersed by race though, rather by region... those strengths aren't a result of race, they come from adaptation to a region over time and it just happens that races were, until fairly recently in evolutionary terms, separated geographically.

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 16:25 Quote
Axxe wrote:
leverfingers wrote:
Does this mean I'm racist?

Are you a white heterosexual male?

Worse, he's a gainfully employed white heterosexual male.
Tyrannical racist territory.

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 16:27 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
What is the difference between psychology, psychiatry and philosophy? Especially the first two?
Psychology is a study of the mind with behavioral modification as a means to mental health, psychiatry is the study of mental illness with surgical and pharmacological measures as treatment, philosophy considers things outside the mind as well as within; knowledge, existence, reality as a whole

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 16:28 Quote
obee1 wrote:
Axxe wrote:
leverfingers wrote:
Does this mean I'm racist?

Are you a white heterosexual male?

Worse, he's a gainfully employed white heterosexual male.
Tyrannical racist territory.
Literal Hitler.

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 16:35 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
My philosophy

Therapist Th.... Th.... The Rapist ....

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 17:22 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
So am I totally out of touch with bike shops these days or what? I took my rear wheel in the other day and was told it would take three weeks to rebuild it. Is this shit normal where you guys are?

Some shops it is. I usually find another shop once that happens.

Of course if don’t have another option if you where to drop it off with a 6pack it might happen quicker.
Yep act really nice tell them they are awesome and bribe with beer or baked goods.
Got a warranty issue ? Be extra sweet and bring two six packs. Reduced turn around from months to weeks.
A week is the longest I will wait for a wheel build.

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 18:23 Quote
Sshredder wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
So am I totally out of touch with bike shops these days or what? I took my rear wheel in the other day and was told it would take three weeks to rebuild it. Is this shit normal where you guys are?

Some shops it is. I usually find another shop once that happens.

Of course if don’t have another option if you where to drop it off with a 6pack it might happen quicker.
Yep act really nice tell them they are awesome and bribe with beer or baked goods.
Got a warranty issue ? Be extra sweet and bring two six packs. Reduced turn around from months to weeks.
A week is the longest I will wait for a wheel build.
We have six bike shops here. Two of them are really good. The guys that work there are great and you see them out on the trails often. They both have plenty of stock and good mechanics. And, lots of guys from both shops build trails, which I really appreciate. There's also the BMX shop that's been here since I was a kid. It's great for BMX and it's awesome that the shop is still around. Then there's the other three: a hockey shop that sells bikes, a ski/scooter shop that also sells bikes and a hardware store that sells bikes and toys out of their basement, I think, but I'm not sure what brands anymore. Not sure who the mechanics are at those three. Haven't been in any of them for years. Don't need hockey gear, scooters or toys.

Just curious about repairs is all. I've never had a repair of any kind take more than three or four days max, other than a broken frame but that's hardly a repair. But the trails are packed with new riders and they're selling bikes like mad. And bikes break so these guys must be busy. So I guess I just learn how to build my own wheels this winter or stop bitching.

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 18:54 Quote
Building wheels is relaxing, unless you have to do it. Then, it's a pain in the ass.

I would agree that building wheels from scratch is a handy skill.

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 18:56 Quote
husstler wrote:
Building wheels is relaxing, unless you have to do it. Then, it's a pain in the ass.

This is the one thing on a bike I've never done that I badly want to learn...

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 19:25 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
husstler wrote:

This is the one thing on a bike I've never done that I badly want to learn...
I’m with you. Would love to learn, I have a feeling it would be a slippery slope for me. All the new tools to purchase and the hours of meticulous work... oh man. I love that shit!

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 19:26 Quote
What's the best way to learn wheel building? It's always seemed quite intimidating as the consequences of a bad job are pretty major.

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 19:50 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
What's the best way to learn wheel building? It's always seemed quite intimidating as the consequences of a bad job are pretty major.

Take a workshop. Or just buy a stand and watch youtube. LOL!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.041820
Mobile Version of Website