Powered by Outside

2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
O+ FL
Posted: Jun 25, 2020 at 10:34 Quote
cjarrett wrote:
Also, one thing I've really noticed is how thick the clearcoat/epoxy top layer is on these bikes. Thick enough that it chips really easily. I've got quite a few big chips taken out of the clear in a bunch of places on the bike. Regretting not getting it ride wrapped when I bought it for sure.

man its a mtb just ride it....

Posted: Jun 25, 2020 at 22:13 Quote
What are everyone's thoughts on the stock Butcher Grid Trail tires? I ran DHR2s on my prior ride and am interested to see how these handle the Vancouver North Shore conditions (damp/wet the majority of the year)?

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2020 at 9:07 Quote
c8Face wrote:
What are everyone's thoughts on the stock Butcher Grid Trail tires? I ran DHR2s on my prior ride and am interested to see how these handle the Vancouver North Shore conditions (damp/wet the majority of the year)?

I'd say they're a little more durable than a Maxxis Exo Plus. I tear apart Exo Plus tires and I've only managed to pinch flat my rear once so far, and that was after a brutal burp that left me with super low pressures. So that's nice.

Otherwise, they feel super similar to a DHRII to me, grip wise. I like them a lot, but I also never get to ride in the wet, so your mileage may vary.

Posted: Jun 26, 2020 at 12:33 Quote
I rode them for the first week on the North Shore + Squamish, I did not like them coming from MaxxTerra DHF's on my Commencal so I swapped them out. Am now running Assegai fr and DHR II rear and really enjoying the combo, seem to shed mud better and are decent in the wet. If I could get an Exo + with MaxxGrip that's what I'd do.

c8Face wrote:

Posted: Jun 26, 2020 at 12:34 Quote
Yes! Will be doing this at some point, probably in a couple years

R-M-R wrote:

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2020 at 15:52 Quote
c8Face wrote:

I've been riding a lot of whistler with them, and they seem fine, but not maxxis-like spectacular. They fling up a lot of mud though.

Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 1:08 Quote
c8Face wrote:

Useless, they don’t provide enough protection on a bike designed for rough tracks.

FL
Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 20:42 Quote
Hey guys, Love my Enduro, although I want to go coil. Wondering if a 205x65 shock will work with a stroke spacer/limiter? will there be ramifications? cheers

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 3:13 Quote
krankin wrote:
Hey guys, Love my Enduro, although I want to go coil. Wondering if a 205x65 shock will work with a stroke spacer/limiter? will there be ramifications? cheers

Hey mate,
In theory should be ok, won't make too much difference, especially taking into account the bump stop. An mtbr chap seems to have specced his bike 205x65 as a preference over the 205x60, and checked the linkage out to ensure it's ok.

Have a YouTube for
2020 custom enduro detail bike check, by mtb mike. It's an sworks frame he's built up, no expense spared kinda thing.
The mtbr thread is massive, but also a good source of info also as folks have experimented with different builds etc.

Cheers

FL
Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 22:22 Quote
benjiancillotti wrote:
krankin wrote:

Hey mate,
In theory should be ok, won't make too much difference, especially taking into account the bump stop. An mtbr chap seems to have specced his bike 205x65 as a preference over the 205x60, and checked the linkage out to ensure it's ok.

Have a YouTube for
2020 custom enduro detail bike check, by mtb mike. It's an sworks frame he's built up, no expense spared kinda thing.
The mtbr thread is massive, but also a good source of info also as folks have experimented with different builds etc.

Cheers
thanks dude. I also actually checked out fox’s site, turns out the 205x60&65 share the same shaft (part numbers are the same) difference is a spacer. Cheers!

FL
Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 22:56 Quote
krankin wrote:
benjiancillotti wrote:
krankin wrote:

Hey mate,

Have a YouTube for

Cheers
thanks dude. I also actually checked out fox’s site, turns out the 205x60&65 share the same shaft (part numbers are the same) difference is a spacer. Cheers!

Good video. Here’s a link for those interested https://youtu.be/E-ZBqtQagEk

FL
Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 15:35 Quote
Does anyone have a recommendation for a tool to reach and tighten
the bolt on the rear end of the shock?

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 18:24 Quote
I use a ratchet tool with about a 12” extension on the end. It’s ridiculous but works.

FL
Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 21:13 Quote
a-prince wrote:
I use a ratchet tool with about a 12” extension on the end. It’s ridiculous but works.

hehe I use the same method, torque loses precision with the extension but you're not clamping carbon parts at the rear eyelet so i don't think it's not that critical (at least mine is not carbon)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.033646
Mobile Version of Website