Post your All Mountain bike!
O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2020 at 7:09 Quote
j-dawg-mo wrote:
dkidd wrote:
j-dawg-mo wrote:
photo

photo

2020 Norco Sight A1 27.5 Medium, built this from the frame up. I only got one ride on it before the snow hit, but it felt amazing, can't wait for spring.

DVO Diamond Boost 170mm Fork
RockShox Super Deluxe Select+
TRP QUADIEM Brakes
Shimano XT 203mm Rotors
RaceFace Afect R 40mm Stem
Chromag OSX 35 Handlebar
Chromag Clutch Grips
OneUp V2 180mm
Chromag Lynx DT
Wolftooth Seatpost Clamp
Shimano XT 11spd
YBN Ti-Nitride 11-speed Black Chain
SunRace CSMX9X ETZ 10-46T Cassette
RaceFace Atlas 170mm 30 tooth
OneUp Aluminum Pedals
Bontrager Line Comp 30 27.5 Wheelset
Continental Der Baron Projekt 27.5x2.4
STFU Chain Damper

Did you use RideAligned to set your suspension/positioning? If so, how much did you adjust for the extra 10mm of travel?

No, I didn't really follow RideAligned with this build. I only used it for the starting shock pressure. The shock is the only "stock" part I have on there, everything elses is different. I have a shorter headset than the stock ones and have 10mm spacer under the stem. I also run wider bars @780, it recommends 750 for my height. Either way it feels great with my settings and build.
Stoked for ya! Sure looks badass!

FL
Posted: Dec 13, 2020 at 9:07 Quote
dkidd wrote:
j-dawg-mo wrote:
dkidd wrote:

Did you use RideAligned to set your suspension/positioning? If so, how much did you adjust for the extra 10mm of travel?

No, I didn't really follow RideAligned with this build. I only used it for the starting shock pressure. The shock is the only "stock" part I have on there, everything elses is different. I have a shorter headset than the stock ones and have 10mm spacer under the stem. I also run wider bars @780, it recommends 750 for my height. Either way it feels great with my settings and build.
Thanks! I'm stoked too

FL
Posted: Dec 13, 2020 at 10:20 Quote
how is the STFU system? it is a bit unsightly but if it works well, might have to consider getting one. Thanks

j-dawg-mo wrote:
dkidd wrote:
j-dawg-mo wrote:

Thanks! I'm stoked too

FL
Posted: Dec 13, 2020 at 13:30 Quote
twonsarelli wrote:
how is the STFU system? it is a bit unsightly but if it works well, might have to consider getting one. Thanks

j-dawg-mo wrote:
dkidd wrote:

Thanks! I'm stoked too
STFU = silence, made a big difference on my last bike, so got another set for this one.

FL
Posted: Dec 14, 2020 at 8:49 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
j-dawg-mo wrote:
photo

photo

Blue and green, I see you are a Canucks fan

Sweet whip dude!
I don't follow hockey, but looks like your right. The last time I followed hockey the Canucks were black and yellow Wink

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2020 at 9:36 Quote
photo

post-dawn patrol bike wash. Added the new chromag pedals and a coil shock (and a sticker) since i last posted. saving up for an AXS/e13 drivetrain, and a grey zeb to replace that old 36.

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2020 at 10:11 Quote
Chron or Bolinas for dawn patrol?

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2020 at 11:52 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:

dawn patrol ride haha, got a new job and with the minimal daylight hours, climbing in the dark and descending at first light is all i get during the week. I only surf in the city now though, marin spots are always packed to the brim now.

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2020 at 14:26 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

dawn patrol ride haha, got a new job and with the minimal daylight hours, climbing in the dark and descending at first light is all i get during the week. I only surf in the city now though, marin spots are always packed to the brim now.

Saw the suits in the background and figured that's what you meant. Yeah a few months before I moved out of the Bay I had some kid drop in on me at Bolinas, almost run into me to the point I had to put my arms out to stop him. He f*cking comes up screaming at me Evil Thumbs Down . That plus another shit experience trying to keep some dude from the UK from throwing punches at an OB local who's a good dude made me not really miss regular surfing.

kitesurfing though...miss that.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 1:30 Quote
Update from a while ago. Carbon wheels on the whip. Can't wait for winter to die.

photo

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 1:47 Quote
HaggeredShins wrote:
Second page is a flipping consolation prize. Toxicity engage!!

photo

Ow baby! That is a stunner.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 2:06 Quote
Here's my contribution to the new thread.

Starling Murmur (Medium)
Ohlins RXF 36 Evo (160mm)
MRP Hazzard coil - I found one cheap on PB Buy and Sell, but it had a bearing mount. So I had some custom alu shims made up to make it fit. Working great so far!

photo
photo

And the old bike
Nomad V4 (Large)
Lyrik at 180mm
Super Deluxe with MegNeg

photo

Bonus Content! Super shady DIY bike rack....we're moving soon and I don't want to drill more holes in a wall I just painted!

photo

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 2:11 Quote
privateer-wheels wrote:
My new all-mountain-ish (All-country as Transition like to call it) Spur arrived last week. I was originally chasing down a Smuggler, but when they released this thing I was sold. For me, this is the perfect bike for Ontario - small travel, great geo - should help liven up the trails quite a bit in Southern Ontario specifically. The bike is still not 100% together, but I couldn't wait any longer to snap a few images to share.

Absolutely love the look and idea behind this bike. Have been dreaming up ways to justify one! This is a particularly nice build too.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 2:38 Quote
Posting one of my old bikes to sub to thread and because my new bike is still in 15 boxes.

Santa Cruz Nomad Fox RC4 MRP Stage

FL
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 3:00 Quote
My Norco Optic in finale Ligure this summer.

Finale Ligure 2020

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032142
Mobile Version of Website