Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Nov 12, 2021 at 18:05 Quote
gbcarmona wrote:
jwdenver wrote:
nd54 wrote:
I have a 2022 s-works enduro frameset on order. Hoping specialized corrected this headset issue. I guess time will tell.

How? Specialized told me I can’t order a frame right now.

maybe they are stopping the orders because a new model is coming...that's usually what happens...I would very much like an Enduro as my next bike, but no way I would buy one currently when they seem to have so many issues!?...its not like it is a cheap frame as well.

Just get one. Life's too short to worry about things like that. It's such a good bike too. I thrashed mine for two seasons before it cracked.

If you start to hang out with the kind of people who ride hard you will find their bikes are very much expendable. They are swapping frames and parts on the regular. Get a Santa Cruz frame if you are really worried. They will take care of you for life.

Posted: Nov 12, 2021 at 18:52 Quote
makripper wrote:
lyzyrdskydr wrote:
Specialized usually sticks to the 3 year cycle so I don't think we'll see a new Enduro until the 2023 model year

Most companies aren't accepting new backorders on popular bikes right now, so the best way to get one "on order" is to find a shop that already has one backordered/allocated to them and put some money down on it so it doesn't go into their inventory
not sure you could lock down a 3 year cycle. It comes in waves. Like between 2016 and 2019 they updated the Enduro each year.

Yeah but that was mainly driven by widespread complaints that the overhauled 2017 enduro wasn't modern enough, so they immediately updated it for 2018.

Almost all other models and brands follow the ~3 year cycle, and the with the current Enduro getting rave reviews and selling well there is no motive for them to put money into new molds/layups earlier than planned. Yes the current bike has issues but they clearly aren't hurting sales.

I suspect we'll see a new Enduro in fall 2022, maybe sea otter at the earliest

Posted: Nov 12, 2021 at 19:44 Quote
lyzyrdskydr wrote:
makripper wrote:
lyzyrdskydr wrote:
Specialized usually sticks to the 3 year cycle so I don't think we'll see a new Enduro until the 2023 model year

Most companies aren't accepting new backorders on popular bikes right now, so the best way to get one "on order" is to find a shop that already has one backordered/allocated to them and put some money down on it so it doesn't go into their inventory
not sure you could lock down a 3 year cycle. It comes in waves. Like between 2016 and 2019 they updated the Enduro each year.

Yeah but that was mainly driven by widespread complaints that the overhauled 2017 enduro wasn't modern enough, so they immediately updated it for 2018.

Almost all other models and brands follow the ~3 year cycle, and the with the current Enduro getting rave reviews and selling well there is no motive for them to put money into new molds/layups earlier than planned. Yes the current bike has issues but they clearly aren't hurting sales.

name one model that has a 3 year cycle

Posted: Nov 13, 2021 at 3:01 Quote
I doubt they will change the suspension platform. Minor tweaks to layup, and a slightly different top tube shape just to make it distinctly different to drive sales, that's what I expect. They have a great bike, and the only thing better than that is a new bike. Sell, sell, sell.
The only thing I would swap for is an alloy Enduro, or that sick new Canadian thing on the homepage.

Posted: Nov 13, 2021 at 8:41 Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if they put an idler on the bike. Bruni was testing one on the Demo so you never know.

Posted: Nov 13, 2021 at 8:48 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if they put an idler on the bike. Bruni was testing one on the Demo so you never know.
it's a trend that doesn't help lots of designs. Multi link single pivots for sure but not much to gain with fsr. Even commencal may be ditching it soon with their new 6 bar design.

Posted: Nov 13, 2021 at 9:05 Quote
a-prince wrote:
gbcarmona wrote:
jwdenver wrote:

How? Specialized told me I can’t order a frame right now.

maybe they are stopping the orders because a new model is coming...that's usually what happens...I would very much like an Enduro as my next bike, but no way I would buy one currently when they seem to have so many issues!?...its not like it is a cheap frame as well.

Just get one. Life's too short to worry about things like that. It's such a good bike too. I thrashed mine for two seasons before it cracked.

If you start to hang out with the kind of people who ride hard you will find their bikes are very much expendable. They are swapping frames and parts on the regular. Get a Santa Cruz frame if you are really worried. They will take care of you for life.

I just got a Sentinel frame less than a year ago...and waited 8 months for it...lol.
To be honest, besides all the issues the frame seems to have I'm expecting a couple of geo improvements...not many but a couple of tweaks which will surely make it even better...and ideally the chance to run a longer dropper, would be nice. Agree that fall 2022 a new frame might come...but ive also heard from someone in the industry that it might only be 2023.
The frame already has a rearward path, so hopefully the engineers won't find the need to follow the trend and go high pivot and idler.

Yes, SC warranty is the best no doubt. But around where I live/ride, its all you see...thanks to Peaty most likely.

Posted: Nov 14, 2021 at 1:11 Quote
makripper wrote:
lyzyrdskydr wrote:
makripper wrote:

name one model that has a 3 year cycle

Haha ok buddy you win, I just made up the whole ~3 year cycle thing for fun. I hope you enjoy your new Enduro

Posted: Nov 14, 2021 at 5:49 Quote
I just assumed that the new one would be like the kenevo sl

Posted: Nov 14, 2021 at 6:39 Quote
Does anyone know of the mudguard from the ever soon of the Enduro would fit the enduro? It’s longer and looks like it would do a better job of protecting the shock from mud.

Posted: Nov 14, 2021 at 7:45 Quote
Other than a steeper seat angle, I have a hard time thinking how they could make it better... it's a pretty good bike already.

Posted: Nov 14, 2021 at 7:51 Quote
better protection for mud/loam/crud underneath the shock would be welcome. I had an accumulation at the very bottom and wasn't getting full travel. Needed to use compressed air to get rid of it.

Posted: Nov 14, 2021 at 10:46 Quote
Steeper seat angle, more durable layup, longer eyelet mount shock rather than trunnion, chainstay/bb flip chip, angle adjust headset, longer chainstays, and an S6 size

Bike will probably look and ride largely the same but those are my predictions for changes

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2021 at 12:58 Quote
PabloMoll wrote:
Other than a steeper seat angle, I have a hard time thinking how they could make it better... it's a pretty good bike already.

This … and fix the head tube creaking / cracking at upper headset bearing seat.

Posted: Nov 14, 2021 at 15:30 Quote
Blownoutrides wrote:
PabloMoll wrote:

This … and fix the head tube creaking / cracking at upper headset bearing seat.
probably a mullet version

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.069243
Mobile Version of Website