LAD Thread *Banter...... And shtuff.*

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
LAD Thread *Banter...... And shtuff.*
Posted: Feb 24, 2017 at 15:38 Quote
turtlesauce2000 wrote:
Rheola is such a sick track! Top turns are so much fun.

Ive entered the spring classic enduro here in whis at the end of may, should be good craic. Just got my van back on the road so might start heading down to the north shore/squamish to get some riding in.

How long are you going to be in Canadaland Jums? Might try save some moneys and try get out to Canada next year

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2017 at 0:49 Quote
Yeah the whole top section is fast as.
It's Star Wars and it's run in I'm more worried about lol. Mx bikes have made a mess of it over the years.

Posted: Mar 1, 2017 at 2:40 Quote
got a large devinci wilson for sale if anyone knows someone after a solid bike for decent money

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 at 11:52 Quote
Does anyone here ride a + bike or ridden one?

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 3:24 Quote
Ridden a few. What do you want to know?

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 8:09 Quote
They seem a con to me

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 11:00 Quote
Ridden one.

Liked it, didn't notice climbing anymore awkward, but bags more grip on the way down.

Not sure I'd buy one over a normal hardtail, but definitely like it.

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 16:49 Quote
I'm just wondering what people think of them.

My preconceptions tell me they'll probably be slower rolling but tonnes of grip and maybe some nice damping properties. Most 29ers can probably take a 27.5 and 3.0" tire, mine included.

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 1:32 Quote
I don't think tyre technology is good enough to give an aggressive rider a 3 inch wide tyre with enough support that doesn't weigh 1.5kg. They definitely give good grip, and a decent amount of small bump absorption but I just couldn't push them hard through corners because they fold so bad. Good for beginners to intermediates i would say, especially to make a hardtail more forgiving.

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 3:30 Quote
I was thinking that, might be good for beginners.

I agree about the weight thing. Thats a pretty huge hurdle. Most decent riders don't want all that rotating weight.

What's interesting is maxxis have just released a lot of tires in 2.6, which could be a good compromise. Get some of that extra grip and forgiveness without all the weight and weird treads.

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 5:34 Quote
Lots of companies are releasing or soon to release 2.6. seems like a good compromise! i'd definitely give a set a shot on the slash

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 at 5:35 Quote
I'm running onza ibex 2.4s at the moment. Much bigger tires than I've run to date and I'm really enjoying them.

I think 29s + 2.6" tires could make for a real plowing machine and would likely make for the effect of having a bit more travel too.

Might be a touch slower on trail rides but I can probably live with that.

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 1:58 Quote
Ive managed to ride a couple here and there, ht's and full sus's. Thing I found was you don't run low low pressures like you would on a normal tyre. Depends on your riding style if I would get one or not but it would a super fun bike either way.

A few of the smaller companies are phasing out normal 120mm bikes and replacing them with + sizes. Norco are a good example with the Fluid and Torrent models. Torrent HT + looks sick!

https://www.norco.com/bikes/mountain/all-mountain/torrent-7-HT-plus/torrent-71/

And not even super expensive! Comes with a DVO fork and everything.

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2017 at 7:04 Quote
Sorry was in the shower. Wassup?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.060548
Mobile Version of Website