Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 20:28 Quote
Not mad at that. Not at all.

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 1:03 Quote
dkidd wrote:
Sight 29. Fox 38 Factory 160mm DhX2 TRP EVO DH brakes 223 203 Galfer rotors Nobl 37s Hope Pro4s SixC cranks Assegai DHF combo Spank cockpit OneUp V2 210mm WTB Devo Ti Photo by Trevor Lyden

very nice! very nice indeed. Makes me want a sight to compliment my Optic!

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 1:20 Quote
f*ck that’s awesome. Do you find the sight works well with a coil?

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 3:54 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
dkidd wrote:
Sight 29. Fox 38 Factory 160mm DhX2 TRP EVO DH brakes 223 203 Galfer rotors Nobl 37s Hope Pro4s SixC cranks Assegai DHF combo Spank cockpit OneUp V2 210mm WTB Devo Ti Photo by Trevor Lyden

Im kinda wanting an optic as well to compliment my longer travel bike, but im worried there will be too much overlap/the optic doesnt climb as good as id want it to

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 4:44 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
v7fmp wrote:
dkidd wrote:

Im kinda wanting an optic as well to compliment my longer travel bike, but im worried there will be too much overlap/the optic doesnt climb as good as id want it to

are you saying the optic doesn't climb well or asking? I think it climbs well, but then I don't have much to compare it to and i'm sure something like a transition spur might be a bit more spritely, but then its not quite as an aggressive bike.

The problem I have with my optic is it rides so well, that I find it hard to really need any other bike. XC trails to bike parks, it nails it all.

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 5:27 Quote
This is my Giant Talon 3 that I have ridden a lot. I got about 5 months ago and I have gone to many trails. I went to the DTE trail in Michigan and it was a blast! When you get a bike in the 600$ range from Giant I recommend you get some better peddles. My Dad also has a Giant Talon 2 29er it's an awesome bike and he loves it too. I think that Giants bikes are reasonably priced but the price has gone up on the talon 2. In all I an not a brand guy I go where the deals are and Giant is a great brand

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 6:10 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
v7fmp wrote:

are you saying the optic doesn't climb well or asking? I think it climbs well, but then I don't have much to compare it to and i'm sure something like a transition spur might be a bit more spritely, but then its not quite as an aggressive bike.

The problem I have with my optic is it rides so well, that I find it hard to really need any other bike. XC trails to bike parks, it nails it all.

I was asking haha. the only reference i have are the reviews for it. Im ordering a banshee titan before the end of the year and putting a coil on it, but i want something shorter travel to complement it, the optic (or spur, tallboy, phantom...) being my options

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 7:12 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
dkidd wrote:
TRP DH EVO brakes

So badass! What do you think about those brakes? Are they similar to other brands you’ve tried?

Thanks man!

I'm really impressed so far. I came from the G-Spec DH, and Quadiems before that, so I've been running TRP for a while, off and on. I also have a pair of CODE RSC's and Shimano XT's in the quiver, but my favorite bike gets these.

Main reason is that I have friends at TRP and they're really passionate and awesome, so I figure 'why not'.
Second reason is they're a little different from the usual CODE/Saint that everyone else runs, and I crave the attention. Wink
Third is they really do have great bite, and a fantastic lever feel, especially for those like me who like brakes that grab and lock immediately. When I hit the brakes, I f*cking mean it.
Fourth is mineral oil is just so much easier to work with, and TRP fittings are perfect for clumsy fingers.
They are legitimately excellent brakes.

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 7:20 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
f*ck that’s awesome. Do you find the sight works well with a coil?

Meh.

I put the coil on there because it looks cooler. I could prattle on all day about suppleness or heat dissipation, or how I need it to protect my family from the tyrannical government, but at the end of the day I think it looks neat and it makes me feel badass.

I have a DPX2 for it as well, and they're really a wash in terms of performance. Air is lighter and suits the leverage curve a bit better out of the box, coil is more supportive up high in the travel (I ride really rear-wheel heavy), and has slight performance benefits for places around here that have super long tech descents.

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 7:54 Quote
dkidd wrote:

New bike. Kinda same as my old bike. But thats okay, the old bike was money!

maaaan...that's sweet...

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 8:06 Quote
dkidd wrote:
dkidd wrote:
TRP DH EVO brakes

So badass! What do you think about those brakes? Are they similar to other brands you’ve tried?

Thanks man!

I'm really impressed so far. I came from the G-Spec DH, and Quadiems before that, so I've been running TRP for a while, off and on. I also have a pair of CODE RSC's and Shimano XT's in the quiver, but my favorite bike gets these.

Main reason is that I have friends at TRP and they're really passionate and awesome, so I figure 'why not'.
Second reason is they're a little different from the usual CODE/Saint that everyone else runs, and I crave the attention. Wink
Third is they really do have great bite, and a fantastic lever feel, especially for those like me who like brakes that grab and lock immediately. When I hit the brakes, I f*cking mean it.
Fourth is mineral oil is just so much easier to work with, and TRP fittings are perfect for clumsy fingers.

Rad build. Is the lever throw any different than the Quadiums? My only gripe with the Quadiums is how far you have to pull before the pads engage for where I have my levers set.

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 10:39 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
dkidd wrote:

Thanks man!

Rad build. Is the lever throw any different than the Quadiums? My only gripe with the Quadiums is how far you have to pull before the pads engage for where I have my levers set.

There is slightly less stock lever throw with both the G-Spec DH and the EVO's. I also like my brakes to have really limited throw. A trick I've found is to remove the top bleed plug, pump the lever a few times to get the air to the top and suck more fluid into the system, then when you see the fluid level in the reservoir drop, fill it back to the top with a few drops of mineral oil and put the cap back on.

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 11:06 Quote
dkidd wrote:
dirtnapped wrote:
[

There is slightly less stock lever throw with both the G-Spec DH and the EVO's. I also like my brakes to have really limited throw. A trick I've found is to remove the top bleed plug, pump the lever a few times to get the air to the top and suck more fluid into the system, then when you see the fluid level in the reservoir drop, fill it back to the top with a few drops of mineral oil and put the cap back on.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a try! Still have the EVO's on my wish list though!

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 12:48 Quote
dkidd wrote:

New bike day Photo by Trevor Lyden

2021 Sight 29
Fox Factory 38 (160mm)
DHX2
Nobl 37s on Hope Pro4's
SixC cranks
Spank cockpit (820mm)
TRP DH EVO brakes
Some other shit... tires and stuff I guess.

photo

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 15:16 Quote
How did you manage such a feat?

whattheheel wrote:
dkidd wrote:

New bike day Photo by Trevor Lyden

2021 Sight 29
Fox Factory 38 (160mm)
DHX2
Nobl 37s on Hope Pro4's
SixC cranks
Spank cockpit (820mm)
TRP DH EVO brakes
Some other shit... tires and stuff I guess.

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031080
Mobile Version of Website