Discuss new BuySell Search Features

PB Forum :: Bug Reports
Discuss new BuySell Search Features
Mod
Posted: Sep 28, 2023 at 10:44 Quote
jake28 wrote:
fixing repost all permissions. Apparently you need god-mode enabled to use it.

also, now there is a "repost all" button.

boom.
this is the greatest invention since sliced bread. our prayers have been answered and progressioncycles' fingers can finally take a break. ill have to wait till tomorrow to use it Salute Salute Salute Salute Salute

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2023 at 11:27 Quote
mior wrote:
jake28 wrote:
fixing repost all permissions. Apparently you need god-mode enabled to use it.

also, now there is a "repost all" button.

boom.
this is the greatest invention since sliced bread. our prayers have been answered and progressioncycles' fingers can finally take a break. ill have to wait till tomorrow to use it Salute Salute Salute Salute Salute

hhhhmmm? it's still getting the "You do not have permission to perform this action" message

I remain optimistic that other features that are more valuable to business sellers will come in the future.... then I may smile. - "grumpy mechanic voice"

Merci Jake!

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2023 at 17:33 Quote
Just used Repost All successfully. Big Grin

Mod
Posted: Sep 28, 2023 at 20:27 Quote
kwarwick43 wrote:
Just used Repost All successfully. Big Grin
same here

Mod
Posted: Sep 29, 2023 at 8:15 Quote
Just remember folks, repost early and often. Happy selling,
jake

O+
Posted: Sep 30, 2023 at 7:54 Quote
jake28 wrote:
Just remember folks, repost early and often. Happy selling,
jake

Man, what a time saver! 76 items reposted with one click vs the old scroll click repost for each one.

Thanks for finally getting this implemented!

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2023 at 21:23 Quote
finally getting around to posting regarding feature requests/issues that have been on my mind for some time...

general BS:

Repost All sorting: can i propose that Repost All for user BS list is sorted newest to oldest rather than as it is currently, oldest to newest. personally i would prefer to see my most current ads than the unlovable(?) parts no one seems to want (c'mon! someone buy these obsolote O Frame MX tear offs already!!). or add an option for custom and or newest to oldest/oldest to newest sort.

general user ad searching/sorting: likewise, can sort functionality be added to user's ad list to sort by: Newest $-descending $-ascending please. and also keyword search within specified user's ads only, see Craigslist more ads by this user filter and add keyword search function. currently if a client asks me what pedals i have, i need to use a specific keyword search with location and category filters enabled to show current inventory, for example:
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/list/?location=35-2-*&q=gibsons&category=106
it would bring value to both buyers and sellers to be able to simply search within a specific user's listings for items of interest.

real time currency sorting: automatically sort ads per currency value ie. for NA, CAD / USD conversion so when ads are sorted per highest/lowest price they are actual asking price per exchange rate vs. simply sorted by numerical value regardless of currency. likewise for other regions EUR/GBP etc. this would level the playing field or should i say ice rink, eh (at least in these parts, toothless grin)

filter update for fork / hub / complete wheels categories: to include 20 x 110 TA Boost filter for Front Wheel.

mobile BS:

full height image display: can the mobile BS code be refined to display the default ad image sized (proportionally) at full height with text wrap accordingly, like the same done for desktop BS, rather than fitting the image to a predefined height which often truncates image and its subject matter. on desktop BS, forks are a good example- generally tall portraits. some of us actually spend time to present our items in the best possible light only for their images to be cut short. sad face

not BS but important all the same Conversations/msging:

keyword search ALL user conversations either by user or subject: it would be very helpful to be able to search by user name and or subject. i find i'm often having to backtrack through conversations to find repeat client contact and shipping info, check prior interactions (vetted buyer vs. time waster), or simply for client relations.

ghost archiving of conversations after item marked sold: this may have been resolved now however previously after i marked an item sold, related recent conversation with its buyer was automatically archived...it was alarming at first, especially when the conversation was the only capture for shipping details, until i happened to notice the Archive section of my mail was growing.

as ever, keep up the great work. and ride on...

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2023 at 13:58 Quote
Hey Jake and Trevor,

Any chance you would be able to fix the issues the "return to listing" link within messages as outlined below.

progressioncycles wrote:
Site issue - messages.
Snip/ - AUG 2023

Issue:The newish listing link that links back to the listing from inbox messages is still having a bad attitude with consistent inconsistency of functionality.

Context: The majority of messages come through with "is it available or I want to buy this". After the buyer gets the "it's available" reply. They then don't remember the item price, location, or shipping amount (total price) and can't get back to the listing where shipping and payment information is noted.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analysis / Breakdown

Buy Side
Mobile/ mobile desktop:
----- Customer Journey: seller profile --> Buysell Stuff --> death scroll 100+ items Jail . find price/ shipping amount. get back to message now knowing price/ shipping.
----- Alternative: I can send a simple link to my "seller history". However, that still leads to deathscroll and there is no search for individual items in "seller history"
Desktop:
----- Customer Journey: seller profile --> Buysell Stuff --> command f to search 100+ items Jailbreak

Sell Side:
Mobile: profile --> Buysell Stuff --> death scroll 100+ items Jail . Find item, copy link, switch to desktop mobile to get link button, copy paste link. send message. ***Mobile site does not have the link button within the messages. (refer to photo 3).

Overall
----- Search issue - "seller history": The search bar that is located in "Seller history" does a search of the entire buysell, not the individual items in seller history. For example, if a buyer is trying to find a "XT crankset" I have for sale. Using the search from "seller history" in this case returns 14 pages results from all categories. The ability to search for an item specifically from the individual seller would a nice to have. Often buyers seek to bundle multiple items from the same seller and save on shipping. (REF photo 4)

Message link issues
1) Desktop ( REF photo 1): messages from the same item and different users. The listing link doesn't show up in all messages.
2) Mobile desktop vs mobile site (REF photo 2): same message from same user. The listing link does not show up on the mobile site. However, it does on the mobile desktop site and desktop site.
3) Mobile site on mobile: The listing link does not show up at all. (ref photo 2)
4) Mobile site on mobile: the little banner with font/link/photo/ emojis isn't on the mobile site. (REF photo 3)
Recommendation
1) Messages: pls fix message "link to listing"
2) "seller history" search: Add default option to search specifically individual seller "seller history". Ideally "all" / both title and description (REF photo 5)

References
Photo 1
photo

Photo 2
photo

Photo 3
photo

Photo 4
photo

Photo 5
photo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Al-x has some great ideas for individual seller "store" functionality and the use case for store search, categories, and sort/ filter.

al-x wrote:
general user ad searching/sorting:

A) Sort: can sort functionality be added to user's ad list to sort by: Newest $-descending $-ascending please.

B) Search: keyword search within specified user's ads only, see Craigslist more ads by this user filter and add keyword search function.

Use Case: currently if a client asks me what pedals i have, i need to use a specific keyword search with location and category filters enabled to show current inventory, for example:
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/list/?location=35-2-*&q=gibsons&category=106

it would bring value to both buyers and sellers to be able to simply search within a specific user's listings for items of interest.

O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2023 at 8:11 Quote
Hey marketplace product people,

I'd like a way to turn off this "SOLD survey"? It's a pain in the butt and I do it on my own end anyways.

I believe the survey is targeted at individual complete bike sales and a copy/paste from facebook?

For business and individual component sellers, you may want to ask different questions. I'm assuming most individuals dont ship complete bikes, I've asked for a decade and rarely is anyone willing to do so (in canada).

Food for thought.

I personally track which platform each item sold on. "elsewhere" applies to this, but having data on "PB vs. ebay vs. FB." may give you valuable insight for users not running a stand alone website and running marketing campaigns on socials.

I'd be curious what you would see if you asked something about if the sale was local or shipped.

Integrated payments would give you all of this, but let's walk before we run.

photo

Mod O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2023 at 21:28 Quote
progressioncycles wrote:

I'd like a way to turn off this "SOLD survey"? It's a pain in the butt and I do it on my own end anyways.

I believe the survey is targeted at individual complete bike sales and a copy/paste from facebook?

For business and individual component sellers, you may want to ask different questions. I'm assuming most individuals dont ship complete bikes, I've asked for a decade and rarely is anyone willing to do so (in canada).

Food for thought.

I personally track which platform each item sold on. "elsewhere" applies to this, but having data on "PB vs. ebay vs. FB." may give you valuable insight for users not running a stand alone website and running marketing campaigns on socials.

I'd be curious what you would see if you asked something about if the sale was local or shipped.

Integrated payments would give you all of this, but let's walk before we run.

photo

No way to disable. this is a step to gather data to help make the case for more resources being put into the PB Buysell.

O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2023 at 7:46 Quote
canadaka wrote:
progressioncycles wrote:

Snip/

No way to disable. this is a step to gather data to help make the case for more resources being put into the PB Buysell.

Cool cool. I feel ya.

From my personal observations, locally in vancouver/ seat to sky/ Fraser valley/ island, for complete bikes (all model years), the best deals are on fb marketplace (purchasing). Most of these bikes are not listed on pinkbike.

In terms of gathering data for development resources. Most of my sales are shipped USA side to the big bike market states. The data I’d like to give as much insight as possible on pertains to sold local vs shipped (where to).

I’ve tracked what sells where (location and platform) and for how much, for a decade.

Would it be possible to add in something along the lines of…..
A) sold, locally
B) sold, shipped to “drop down menu for province/ state” ( for North America)

Posted: Dec 12, 2023 at 10:16 Quote
I'm sure it's been brought up before, but for the love of god please implement a seller rating system!

Posted: Dec 12, 2023 at 11:08 Quote
yoimaninja wrote:
I'm sure it's been brought up before, but for the love of god please implement a seller rating system!

I still can't believe this isn't a thing.
Is it really that difficult to add?

O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2023 at 11:20 Quote
Allen82 wrote:
yoimaninja wrote:

I still can't believe this isn't a thing.
Is it really that difficult to add?

Much as I would like to see this too, I think it would be quite difficult to implement with the current structure.

Given the transactions between buyer and seller are in no way controlled by Pinkbike, I wonder how exactly would a seller rating system work?

Without a way to validate actual sales, anyone could add whatever ratings they want and there would be no way to validate the legitimacy.

Posted: Dec 12, 2023 at 11:25 Quote
kwarwick43 wrote:

Much as I would like to see this too, I think it would be quite difficult to implement with the current structure.

Given the transactions between buyer and seller are in no way controlled by Pinkbike, I wonder how exactly would a seller rating system work?

Without a way to validate actual sales, anyone could add whatever ratings they want and there would be no way to validate the legitimacy.

This was similar to what was said over a decade ago, when suggested.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014236
Mobile Version of Website