All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2023 at 15:37 Quote
mikaeljc wrote:
Well. The reach on the 2019 is not that long. And it's going to get even shorter with an angleset.

Yeah I am a bit unsure about that. I'm just trying to get myself a bit more centred on the bike.

I rode a new rocky element recently. Which I know is a different kinda bike, but I just felt more centred on that. The reach is only 5mm shorter than the meta 2019. But 1.5 degree slacker, so I was wondering if this was giving me that more centred feeling

Posted: Jul 7, 2023 at 9:56 Quote
notsquamish wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have a 2019 meta tr 29. And I've decided to slacken out the head angle. I was Gunna go for a full 2 degree taking it from stock 66.5 to 64.5

But then I got a bit scared.... What do you guys reckon...
I run a -1 degree angleset and a 140mm fork on mine and I don't find the BB to be too low with 170mm cranks. Don't know if that's what you're scared of or something else but I think it would be fine, worst case swap back to the old headset and sell the angleset on buy/sell

Posted: Jul 8, 2023 at 4:29 Quote
notsquamish wrote:
mikaeljc wrote:
Well. The reach on the 2019 is not that long. And it's going to get even shorter with an angleset.

Yeah I am a bit unsure about that. I'm just trying to get myself a bit more centred on the bike.

I rode a new rocky element recently. Which I know is a different kinda bike, but I just felt more centred on that. The reach is only 5mm shorter than the meta 2019. But 1.5 degree slacker, so I was wondering if this was giving me that more centred feeling

That's was exactly the result I got with 1.5 degree, feeling instantly more centred on the bike. Whether a small reduction in reach will negatively affect you depends on your own physical dimensions in relation to the bike, so I can't comment other than to say if you don't feel cramped at the moment it's probably going to be okay.

When I found out Cecile Ravanel ran an angleset on her 2019 AM29, I figured it was worth a try. Probably the best value for money upgrade I made.

Posted: Jul 8, 2023 at 16:05 Quote
it sounds wrong, but a negative angleset actually increases reach. Moves the wheel away from you, which brings stack lower, which in turn increases reach.

you can plug in your values here to see the effect.

https://geo.syn.bike/

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2023 at 2:46 Quote
Is anyone running a 170mm fork on their Meta TR? How are you finding it??

Posted: Jul 9, 2023 at 15:44 Quote
Mackb22 wrote:
Is anyone running a 170mm fork on their Meta TR? How are you finding it??

I’ve just sold my TR, but that was the only negative I had with it. I found that I was bashing my cranks more than I would have liked.
I mainly have steep natural terrain around me, and would regularly bottom my cranks out on any steep and heavy compression turn.
I always wanted to try 165 or even 160 cranks, but they’re not that easy to come by.

Posted: Jul 21, 2023 at 4:41 Quote
Hi all, I am currently checking possibilties for a new bike. I already had my eye on a sight but cancelled my order due to the short leverage stroke on the shock causing issues for heavier riders. Didn't felt like the best buy.

The other option for me would be the meta. I think it's an awesome bike! My brother has one in a size L. He's shorter than me though. I am 187cm and weight around 92-95kgs. Commencal puts me on a Large but the bike of my brother felt cramped while pedalling to be honest. If i compare the top tube with my current bike I think this is the culprit. If I compare Geo's of an XL meta with a sight or a starling murmur I should be on a XL. What do you guys think? I have to buy blind....

Thanks for helping me out!

Posted: Jul 21, 2023 at 8:42 Quote
XL.

I'm 183 and riding Large Meta 29. Top tube should be around 620 (so pretty normal for a large) and Reach is 495 (long for a large).
I love that geometry. Suits me perfectly.

If you have long legs and shorter torso, you could get away with the large, but otherwise.. XL

Posted: Jul 21, 2023 at 8:44 Quote
pakleni wrote:
XL.

I'm 183 and riding Large Meta 29. Top tube should be around 620 (so pretty normal for a large) and Reach is 495 (long for a large).
I love that geometry. Suits me perfectly.

If you have long legs and shorter torso, you could get away with the large, but otherwise.. XL

Thanks for commenting. I have the luxury to order one and if I do not like it I can cancel it.. I have the other way around, relative short legs but long arms. Tested a murmur and that reach seemed sweet to me.

Posted: Jul 25, 2023 at 14:47 Quote
Hey guys. I have a large 2021 Meta TR, in mullet configuration, for sale. I’d got a 160mm fork and a coil out back! Sick bike just a bit much for my area I ride. Check out my buy/sell page for more info. I appreciate any help with the sale! Thank you!

Posted: Aug 3, 2023 at 16:15 Quote
Hey all, I have been riding a 2020 Meta Am 29 since I bought it new. I’ve grown substantially, and really need to upgrade. Over time, I’ve dumped a bunch of money into the bike and really don’t want to loose the money on the individual components I’ve bought, and as a poor college student, I can’t really swing a new bike. If anyone has a size XL 2020 meta AM 29 they’d be willing to sell, please let me know. (Or if someone has a size lg t.e.m.p.o that they want off of their hands lol)

TLDR: want to buy a size x-large 2020 meta am 29 frame

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2023 at 4:03 Quote
Just picked up this meta am 29 frame. Had a 180mm boxxer laying around and thought it would be a fun combo. Waiting on a BB and need to swap tires and it will be ready to ride.

photo

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2023 at 4:45 Quote
[Quote="ktm87"]Just picked up this meta am 29 frame. Had a 180mm boxxer laying around and thought it would be a fun combo. Waiting on a BB and need to swap tires and it will be ready to ride.

Nice! Go ahead and cut the travel restrictor in the shock so you have 170mm.

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2023 at 5:11 Quote
[Quote="mikaeljc"]
ktm87 wrote:
Just picked up this meta am 29 frame. Had a 180mm boxxer laying around and thought it would be a fun combo. Waiting on a BB and need to swap tires and it will be ready to ride.

planning on picking up a coil shock at somepoint but I will have to do that in the mean time. thanks!

Posted: Nov 18, 2023 at 11:32 Quote
[Quote="mikaeljc"]
ktm87 wrote:

Does this mean a 230mm x 65mm shock will work? (Meta SX) In turn offering 170mm travel..
Would like to throw a coil on it..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016097
Mobile Version of Website