2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Feb 14, 2024 at 19:30 Quote
The rubber seal is supposed to protect the bearing from dirt.

Posted: Feb 14, 2024 at 20:34 Quote
Tapered side faces bearing to engage only the inner race. Flat side faces chainstay (out) to spread load on carbon

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2024 at 7:41 Quote
Caveirex wrote:
Hi guys, quick question.
Changed my bearings and having some issues with the direction of the dropout outer spacer...
It's hard to see it clearly in the manual, and now i don´t remember wich side faces the bearing, if the flat or the tapered one.
Thanks in advance.

It's hard to tell in the exploded diagram. https://www.bikescan365.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/0000140189.pdf
I just shone a flashlight at my own and still couldn't tell. I agree about putting the tapered side toward the inner race of the bearing and the wide side out to the chainstay.

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2024 at 8:10 Quote
[/Quote]

It's hard to tell in the exploded diagram. https://www.bikescan365.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/0000140189.pdf
I just shone a flashlight at my own and still couldn't tell. I agree about putting the tapered side toward the inner race of the bearing and the wide side out to the chainstay.[/Quote]

I'm actually having second thoughts now. On the exploded diagram I linked above, that spacer is labelled "O". In the table at the bottom of page 2, the Comment for "O" reads "seal against bearing". I would have assumed the wide end of "O" was the seal, which would imply the opposite of what's been discussed above. This would imply the opposite of what I seconded above (with lyzyrdskydr)

Posted: Feb 15, 2024 at 11:32 Quote
I’m fairly sure that the seal only protects the bearing in one orientation.

Put it in that way.

Posted: Feb 16, 2024 at 14:25 Quote
hey team,

Here to post what might be a stupid question and get an obvious answer. Is this cracked? Never had a carbon bike before so not sure what I should be looking out for.

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2024 at 21:44 Quote
Mooney10 wrote:
hey team,

Here to post what might be a stupid question and get an obvious answer. Is this cracked? Never had a carbon bike before so not sure what I should be looking out for.

photo

photo

Yeah

Posted: Feb 17, 2024 at 11:34 Quote
To me that just looks like shadows from your flashlight on stuff inside the frame.

It doesn't look cracked to me.

Posted: Feb 17, 2024 at 11:39 Quote
Agree with above, often theres stray fibers from manufacturing poking out inside carbon frames. Hard to tell with how you've lit the photo, looks like the "cracks" might just be shadows from some stray fibers. These frames are known for cracking on the face where the bearing sits against the frame, not the head tube itself.

Posted: Feb 17, 2024 at 16:46 Quote
lyzyrdskydr wrote:
Agree with above, often theres stray fibers from manufacturing poking out inside carbon frames. Hard to tell with how you've lit the photo, looks like the "cracks" might just be shadows from some stray fibers. These frames are known for cracking on the face where the bearing sits against the frame, not the head tube itself.

LBS reckons the same thing. Just the layout of the carbon. They have sent a warranty claim off specialized NZ just to see their thoughts.

Posted: Feb 19, 2024 at 10:11 Quote
Hi so thinking about changing my bearings on my enduro. It’s the only thing on my bike I have not done. I do have a broken enduro frame to practice on lol. But my question does anyone have info on all the tools needed? I know there’s a double bearing somewhere. As well as what bearings are best to go with. Any links to bearings and tools would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Posted: Feb 19, 2024 at 12:25 Quote
Mooney10 wrote:
lyzyrdskydr wrote:

LBS reckons the same thing. Just the layout of the carbon. They have sent a warranty claim off specialized NZ just to see their thoughts.

Was cracked, new frame is on the way.

They didn't say it was S-Works. Just a "Black Warranty replacement frame". I'm 180cm and I've also decided to switch from an S4 to an S3

Posted: Feb 22, 2024 at 2:03 Quote
I also found a crack during the service. Less than 14 days ago it was sent in for warranty and today I have a new frame waiting for me. Thumbs up for specialized
photo

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2024 at 3:03 Quote
What is the rear brake hose lenght? I have Enduro size S3. Thanks

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2024 at 8:56 Quote
Im curious how many 2nd and 3rd hand owners have had success with a cracked head tube replacement under warranty.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013823
Mobile Version of Website