2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Nov 14, 2021 at 15:32 Quote
Mullet is such a cop out and joining the industry trend. Hopefully they do not do this. It doesn't make the bike faster in any way.

Posted: Nov 14, 2021 at 16:12 Quote
a-prince wrote:
Mullet is such a cop out and joining the industry trend. Hopefully they do not do this. It doesn't make the bike faster in any way.
I'm not into them personally. But it's trendy..

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2021 at 19:22 Quote
a-prince wrote:

Have you properly ridden the enduro as a mullet?

Posted: Nov 14, 2021 at 19:52 Quote
jawa wrote:
a-prince wrote:

Personally no. I'm basing that reply on a couple of videos I have seen of people doing back to back timed testing and making 0 difference. Some videos were with the Enduro some videos with different bikes.

I get it that it changes the way a bike handles but I just can't believe it makes a drastic difference in overall "speed." Placebo is a hell of a drug, but I'm not buying into the mullet fad.

Have you ridden mullet vs 29?

Posted: Nov 14, 2021 at 20:29 Quote
a-prince wrote:
jawa wrote:
a-prince wrote:

Personally no. I'm basing that reply on a couple of videos I have seen of people doing back to back timed testing and making 0 difference. Some videos were with the Enduro some videos with different bikes.

I get it that it changes the way a bike handles but I just can't believe it makes a drastic difference in overall "speed." Placebo is a hell of a drug, but I'm not buying into the mullet fad.

I think it comes down to the rider. Ive never felt like I'm lacking anything on my 29.

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 0:56 Quote
a-prince wrote:
jawa wrote:
a-prince wrote:

I have. I’ve ridden/raced with both full 29 and mullet using Mic Williams mullet link, in both low mode and using his centralised eyelet bushing. I haven’t done back to back timed testing but for me, and where I ride I prefer the mullet. It certainly hasn’t held me back when I’ve raced the bike. I have a “downcountry” trail bike which I ride full 29, and I have tested that as mullet too and for it’s purposes I prefer full 29. But for the riding I choose the enduro for, I prefer mullet.

Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 1:31 Quote
Those who have gone to the Zeb from the Lyrik, I guess you haven't noticed any differences between the Lyrik's having a 42mm offset and the Zebs with a 44mm offset?

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 2:23 Quote
a-prince wrote:

If the rear wheel is buzzing your ass the mullet would be a pretty big performance improvement. Look at the DH World Cup guys… almost everyone’s on a mullet except the lanky units. Beyond ass buzz it seems like the biggest argument for 27.5 rear is the ability to design a shorter (snappier) chainstay which isn’t relevant to the aftermarket mullet swaps. That said, I’ve heard 27.5 really transforms the feel of the bike for the better but that was admittedly not from a taller rider. Seems like a fun thing to experiment with either way if you’ve got the inclination. For bigger guys, however, be aware that the WRP link increases the required air / spring for a given sag. For me (6’4” 225lbs) I couldn’t get the sag right without exceeding the X2 max pressure and I couldn’t find a big enough spring for a coil. In the end I just sold the link and the 27.5 wheel I’d had built up - not big enough advantages in it to merit chasing it any further.

Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 5:09 Quote
I mulleted a Mega 290, Capra 29 and Dune. I'm 6'0" or 182.5cm.
It depends what you ride. Mullets in my opinion corner better and jump better. They're snappier. 29ers accelerate more slowly but carry speed better. I would say the higher the speed, the better 29/29 is in comparison. They deffo both have a place, but for all-round riding from uplift days to XC loops, I think 29/29 is the way to go. I would be happy to have both options, but for example if I was to ride somewhere really steep like Revolution bike park I would mullet the Enduro but not correct the geo.
No way I would spend $299 Aussie on a bit of metal with two bearings in it. I would pay $29.99 for that link.
Out of interest, how does it work? I assume it's a couple of mm longer than the stock link to jack the back end up a bit, but with only 3mm or so between the ISCG tab and the swingarm, I'm not convinced it could fully correct geo. Please explain if you know.

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 7:20 Quote
Look at 2mm on a ruler and you’ll have your answer

exmouthlocal wrote:
Those who have gone to the Zeb from the Lyrik, I guess you haven't noticed any differences between the Lyrik's having a 42mm offset and the Zebs with a 44mm offset?

Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 11:39 Quote
If you can notice the different of 2mm you are a better rider than most...

exmouthlocal wrote:

Posted: Nov 17, 2021 at 20:14 Quote
Anyone running a Push 11-6 and also on a Cascade Components link? I have seen plenty of photos of it, but have not heard any reviews, With the 11-6 set up for the OE link/leverage ratio on the Enduro, does the increased progression of the link cause an issue with how the shock runs based on its tune? For anyone that has ran the 11-6 on both the OE and Cascade link, what differences were noticed?

I ask because I had ordered a Cascade Link just prior to blowing up my 3rd X2. I ended up just pulling the trigger on an 11-6 right after because I was sick of sending in the X2 on warranty. Needless to say I now have both installed, but have not had a chance to give the bike a shake down yet.

Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 15:25 Quote
JordanSmith127 wrote:
Anyone running a Push 11-6 and also on a Cascade Components link? I have seen plenty of photos of it, but have not heard any reviews, With the 11-6 set up for the OE link/leverage ratio on the Enduro, does the increased progression of the link cause an issue with how the shock runs based on its tune? For anyone that has ran the 11-6 on both the OE and Cascade link, what differences were noticed?

I ask because I had ordered a Cascade Link just prior to blowing up my 3rd X2. I ended up just pulling the trigger on an 11-6 right after because I was sick of sending in the X2 on warranty. Needless to say I now have both installed, but have not had a chance to give the bike a shake down yet.

Should require a bigger spring to get into the normal sag range

Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 16:13 Quote
DHhack wrote:
JordanSmith127 wrote:

After talking to PUSH I elected to put the OE link back on.

With that said, I have a brand new only mocked up Cascade Link (black) if anyone is interested in one and wants to save some cash. Would maybe consider a trade for an SWorks link

O+
Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 16:37 Quote
JordanSmith127 wrote:
DHhack wrote:
JordanSmith127 wrote:

After talking to PUSH I elected to put the OE link back on.

With that said, I have a brand new only mocked up Cascade Link (black) if anyone is interested in one and wants to save some cash. Would maybe consider a trade for an SWorks link

i may have an s-works link soon. Havent ridden the bike yet but if i end up wanting a cascade link ill hit you up

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012114
Mobile Version of Website