Posted: Nov 6, 2023 at 11:32 Quote
mior wrote:
would be cool to have a mullet kit for the legend

Yes, indeed.

O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2023 at 13:16 Quote
Burritoboi wrote:
I’m interested in buying a SRAM T-type drive train for my prime

I have no idea about compatibility (if any is needed at all?) with this new SRAM stuff

So is it possible with the Prime?
Short answer is no, not possible.
I contacted the guys at Banshee about this a little while ago and it would require them to completely re-engineer their rear triangles, so it's not on the cards any time soon.

Posted: Nov 29, 2023 at 10:21 Quote
Just posting an update on my Prime V3.
I got a good deal on a DVO Jade coil in the spring, and once I got the spring weight sorted out I love it! The suspension feels like it's working the way it should. Plush but supportive, and it still has plenty of pop for jumps.
I've also been curious about how a mullet set up would change the bike, so I put a 27.5 rear wheel on a couple of weeks ago, and again, I can't believe how much better this bike rides! I think it's a little slower on the flat sections, but more confident, corners better, and I feel more IN the bike, which I love. I have left the bike in the low setting BTW, and it is great so far!

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to just go coil and mullet right off the bat. It feels like this is the way the bike was designed to be set up. The coil/mullet set up is a winner in my book, for the riding I do (steep tech as much as possible).

Hope this helps others who are wondering which direction to go with their Prime.

Posted: Nov 29, 2023 at 17:09 Quote
Hairymountainbeast wrote:
Just posting an update on my Prime V3.
I got a good deal on a DVO Jade coil in the spring, and once I got the spring weight sorted out I love it! The suspension feels like it's working the way it should. Plush but supportive, and it still has plenty of pop for jumps.
I've also been curious about how a mullet set up would change the bike, so I put a 27.5 rear wheel on a couple of weeks ago, and again, I can't believe how much better this bike rides! I think it's a little slower on the flat sections, but more confident, corners better, and I feel more IN the bike, which I love. I have left the bike in the low setting BTW, and it is great so far!

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to just go coil and mullet right off the bat. It feels like this is the way the bike was designed to be set up. The coil/mullet set up is a winner in my book, for the riding I do (steep tech as much as possible).

Hope this helps others who are wondering which direction to go with their Prime.

I've been on mullet for 2.5 seasons now and agree %100. Also being between sizes I ended up upsizing and it definitely Brought back some agility.

I'm wondering the coil question too and leaning toward a DHX with SLS.. The Bikes are fairly progressive so it should play nice, curious what's your rider weight and what spring rate did you end up on?

Posted: Jan 21, 2024 at 14:20 Quote
Sorry for the delay @lunker8, my riding weight is about 165 pounds, for the jade, banshee recommended a 450 pound spring, but that left me with too little sag. Currently, I’m running a sprindex set at 435.

On another note, I was doing a 50 hour service on the jade yesterday, and noticed that it is a 185x52.5, so I think I’m losing about 6mm of rear wheel travel. Still prefer it over the stock dpx2, but now I’m curious what 5-6 more mm of coily goodness would feel like. And yeah, I know, that’s what she said…

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2024 at 17:56 Quote
Just did a bearing swap on my V3 Prime. It is worth noting that when I fully seated the bearings in the lower triangles, the dog bone wouldn't fit in either end. I had to back them out a bit. It's probably less than a half mm on each bearing but the tolerance was just too tight.

Posted: Mar 25, 2024 at 19:09 Quote
Has anyone ridden a size large in both chain stay lengths? Thoughts on 450 vs. 460?

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2024 at 8:19 Quote
Hubyuckle wrote:
Has anyone ridden a size large in both chain stay lengths? Thoughts on 450 vs. 460?

Would recc the 450 stays.

The 460 is for running a larger volume tire (2.8"). The 460 stays with a 2.3-2.5" tire would be overkill on a large if you ask me.

Posted: Mar 26, 2024 at 13:18 Quote
Hubyuckle wrote:
I did run both. The long chain stay is good for stability at high speeds, and technical climbs. I preferred the shorter option because much of what I ride is tight and twisty.
Guys like Rulezman, and Aston MTB swear by the long drop outs.

Posted: Mar 26, 2024 at 19:47 Quote
Bondseye007 wrote:
Hubyuckle wrote:
I did run both. The long chain stay is good for stability at high speeds, and technical climbs. I preferred the shorter option because much of what I ride is tight and twisty.
Guys like Rulezman, and Aston MTB swear by the long drop outs.

My thanks to you and Nubbs, helpful info. I asked Rulezman if he thought there was an optimal/minimum CS to WB ratio and he just said to get the longest bike you can lol. He's something of an extremist, but his general bike geo philosophy is worth considering.

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2024 at 12:59 Quote
Itll depend what trails you ride, for me the 460 was too long on the XL, even at higher speed it just felt real piggly. If i was only riding park then maybe itd be okay

Posted: Mar 28, 2024 at 10:52 Quote
Anyone have a comp on Jibb vs. Prime pedaling characteristics? Curious if there are substantive differences in efficiency & tech climbing given the Horst vs. Dual-Link setups. I think I would favor the slightly higher BB of the Prime, all things being equal, for chunky New England climbs.

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2024 at 11:26 Quote
Hubyuckle wrote:
Anyone have a comp on Jibb vs. Prime pedaling characteristics? Curious if there are substantive differences in efficiency & tech climbing given the Horst vs. Dual-Link setups. I think I would favor the slightly higher BB of the Prime, all things being equal, for chunky New England climbs.

the prime is super efficient, even with coil. i think the horst will provide more traction in chunky climbs, while feeling less efficient on smoother climbs.

Posted: Mar 28, 2024 at 11:47 Quote
Thanks Newb! That aligns with the general descriptions of Horst vs. Dual I've seen online. My RM Altitude has a very active suspension with the Horst, but that's also 160mm out back.

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2024 at 11:57 Quote
I never feel the need to use my compression lock out climbing with the Prime.

I would like to try a coil, but after a buddy put one on his Rune and I realized how terrible it is to reach the rebound knob down in the cage I might rethink that lol. I am a suspension tinkerer,

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011905
Mobile Version of Website