Transition Spur

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Spur
O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2024 at 20:48 Quote
privateer-wheels wrote:
Just swapped my suspension quite recently to Cane Creek. I was pretty content with Pike/Deluxe, but I run Cane Creek on everything else and I couldn't resist.seing if I could tease just a little more performance out of this short legged rig with the wider tune range of the rear shock especially.

photo
photo
photo
photo
Your hubs look like they perfectly match you Spur. I have the same color Spur and I have had a hard time matching thr color. What hubs are they and what color?

Thanks

Posted: Feb 17, 2024 at 18:21 Quote
NERyder wrote:
Your hubs look like they perfectly match you Spur. I have the same color Spur and I have had a hard time matching thr color. What hubs are they and what color?

Thanks

They are Onyx hubs, with a custom copper patina powder coat. It's a bang on match to the frame colour with a hint of copper at certain angles. I may still have a set in stock, if you'd like them. Feel free to DM me.

photo
photo

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2024 at 20:17 Quote
WilliamZ072mC wrote:
Anyone know if Transition plans to incorporate on-bike storage in the downtube on their newer models, a la Santa Cruz glovebox, or Specialized? That little feature is surprisingly desirable!

The smuggler is probably an accurate depiction of what the next year or two of updates to the transition lineup entail. UDH, full internal routing.

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2024 at 4:49 Quote
privateer-wheels wrote:
NERyder wrote:

Thanks

They are Onyx hubs, with a custom copper patina powder coat. It's a bang on match to the frame colour with a hint of copper at certain angles. I may still have a set in stock, if you'd like them. Feel free to DM me.

photo
photo
Thanks, I’m not in the market for new hubs right now. But those do look gorgeous.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2024 at 10:24 Quote
I have had my Spur for about a year now and I wanted to perform the 200-hour service on the SID fork and shock.

I have done maintenance on my Ripmo's DVO suspension before but never on Rock Shock components. I wanted to ask if any Spur owners here, that have done their own service on the SID, could weigh in on the effort and skill needed to perform the service?

Also if anyone has the appropriate part numbers for the 200-hour kits that would be great. The manual does not have the part number and there are so many versions of the RockShox service kits that even the retailers (Jenson) were having a hard time pointing me to the correct kit on their own sites.

Thanks

Posted: Feb 28, 2024 at 10:32 Quote
NERyder wrote:
I have had my Spur for about a year now and I wanted to perform the 200-hour service on the SID fork and shock.

I have done maintenance on my Ripmo's DVO suspension before but never on Rock Shock components. I wanted to ask if any Spur owners here, that have done their own service on the SID, could weigh in on the effort and skill needed to perform the service?

Also if anyone has the appropriate part numbers for the 200-hour kits that would be great. The manual does not have the part number and there are so many versions of the RockShox service kits that even the retailers (Jenson) were having a hard time pointing me to the correct kit on their own sites.

Thanks

The best way to figure this out I've found is to start with the Serial Number lookup tool on SRAM's site. From there it will tell you the exact fork you have with exact make and model identifiers. Then you scroll down to find the proper service manual to actually conduct the service. Also continue scrolling down to find the Spare Parts Manual which, in the first couple pages, will shows you how to cross the make/model identifiers of your fork to the exact pieces and service parts for your fork. I have had great success by just cutting and pasting the part numbers for the service kits into Google and finding retailers with the things I need (Jenson included).

Posted: Feb 28, 2024 at 12:02 Quote
NERyder wrote:

Thanks

Just dump it on PB and get yourself a Fox34 Grip2. It performs night & day better than a SID, especially as a 130mm on the Spur. I think Fox stuff is on sale everywhere anyway.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2024 at 14:08 Quote
fentoncrackshell wrote:
NERyder wrote:

Thanks

Just dump it on PB and get yourself a Fox34 Grip2. It performs night & day better than a SID, especially as a 130mm on the Spur. I think Fox stuff is on sale everywhere anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have thought about switching to Fox, however, I really want to keep the bike as a 120/120 bike to maintain the geometry I love. If I go Fox at 120 I have to go with the stepcast 34 which I have heard doesn't perform like the regular 34.
The SID is not that great but I don't want to drop $6-800 on a lateral move to a stepcast if it wont perform much better.
Maybe I will consider the 130mm 34, but I have a Ripmo that I ride for more gnarly terrain, so I want to keep this bike distinct from that and focused on quickness and short travel fun.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2024 at 14:08 Quote
[Quote="[/Quote]

The best way to figure this out I've found is to start with the Serial Number lookup tool on SRAM's site. From there it will tell you the exact fork you have with exact make and model identifiers. Then you scroll down to find the proper service manual to actually conduct the service. Also continue scrolling down to find the Spare Parts Manual which, in the first couple pages, will shows you how to cross the make/model identifiers of your fork to the exact pieces and service parts for your fork. I have had great success by just cutting and pasting the part numbers for the service kits into Google and finding retailers with the things I need (Jenson included).[/Quote]

Thanks I will try that

Posted: Feb 28, 2024 at 14:16 Quote
NERyder wrote:
[Quote="

The best way to figure this out I've found is to start with the Serial Number lookup tool on SRAM's site. From there it will tell you the exact fork you have with exact make and model identifiers. Then you scroll down to find the proper service manual to actually conduct the service. Also continue scrolling down to find the Spare Parts Manual which, in the first couple pages, will shows you how to cross the make/model identifiers of your fork to the exact pieces and service parts for your fork. I have had great success by just cutting and pasting the part numbers for the service kits into Google and finding retailers with the things I need (Jenson included).[/Quote]

Thanks I will try that[/Quote]

You're welcome. If you need any help then just ask and I'll try my best. The hardest part I've found isn't figuring out the kits, but actually finding them in stock. Sometimes I have to find the individual pieces and build out the kit myself on different sites.

Posted: Mar 6, 2024 at 8:45 Quote
NERyder wrote:
fentoncrackshell wrote:
NERyder wrote:

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. I have thought about switching to Fox, however, I really want to keep the bike as a 120/120 bike to maintain the geometry I love. If I go Fox at 120 I have to go with the stepcast 34 which I have heard doesn't perform like the regular 34.
The SID is not that great but I don't want to drop $6-800 on a lateral move to a stepcast if it wont perform much better.
Maybe I will consider the 130mm 34, but I have a Ripmo that I ride for more gnarly terrain, so I want to keep this bike distinct from that and focused on quickness and short travel fun.

I think that you can get a regular 34 and then swap the air shaft to make it 120mm. After all, the spur comes stock with that now

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2024 at 11:46 Quote
Kruton wrote:
I think that you can get a regular 34 and then swap the air shaft to make it 120mm. After all, the spur comes stock with that now

Good point. I will look into the airshaft availability

Posted: Mar 7, 2024 at 6:54 Quote
My Spur is now a Singlespeed.

pbreaderrides

pbreaderrides

pbreaderrides

pbreaderrides

pbreaderrides

pbreaderrides

Posted: Mar 7, 2024 at 7:04 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:

That looks awesome! You probably mentioned earlier, but what gears did you settle on and how's it feel?

Posted: Mar 7, 2024 at 7:23 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:

That looks awesome! You probably mentioned earlier, but what gears did you settle on and how's it feel?

Thanks! I haven't actually. I kept the 34t chainring from the geared setup and put a 19t cog on the back.

It's definitely a workout riding that thing uphill, especially with my son the MacRide. But that's what I'm looking for.

I did not have the chance to go for a proper ride yet, but so far the silence and relaitve lack of weight really are nice.

At first I was trying to use a tensioner that attaches to the ISCG mounts, which would have absolutely minimized the unsprung weight on the back end, but that did not work out.
So this is version two, more conservative but functional.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020076
Mobile Version of Website