show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2023 at 14:02 Quote
5010!

Just came from everybody's darling, the Stumpjumper Evo. Two days on this thing and it is, quite frankly, better in every way. And way way way more fun.

CC frame-up build.
Reserves with Onxy Classic hubs
AXS
Lyrik at 140mm with Vorsprung Smashpot (new decals incoming!)
Dominion A4 brakes

photo

Posted: Jun 15, 2023 at 1:01 Quote
HalfJewJace wrote:
5010!

Just came from everybody's darling, the Stumpjumper Evo. Two days on this thing and it is, quite frankly, better in every way. And way way way more fun.

CC frame-up build.
Reserves with Onxy Classic hubs
AXS
Lyrik at 140mm with Vorsprung Smashpot (new decals incoming!)
Dominion A4 brakes

photo

That looks like a hell of a lot of fun! I still miss My V2 5010

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2023 at 5:00 Quote
Same, anted to love the SJ Evo (had three of them), but it just lacked a sporty feel. And the upper shock mount hardware constantly coming loose and inability to run a coil boiled my blood.

Loving my 23' 5010, climbs great, poppy and ultra maneuverable. A near perfect trail bike

Posted: Jun 17, 2023 at 10:52 Quote
Has anyone tried fitting a Push 11.6 230x65 on a Nomad V6?
I know Push doesn´t have a tune nor offers it for the Nomad V6 yet, but!
i was just wondering if I could fit a Push shock (the correct size of course) on a Nomad V6.
The Push shock would be the correct size in numbers for the nomad(230x65 from a Yeti SB160)
but was wondering if there was something else that I should check or think before trying that?
cheers

Push ElevenSix SS

Posted: Jun 17, 2023 at 13:07 Quote
juxtapozy wrote:
Has anyone tried fitting a Push 11.6 230x65 on a Nomad V6?
I know Push doesn´t have a tune nor offers it for the Nomad V6 yet, but!
i was just wondering if I could fit a Push shock (the correct size of course) on a Nomad V6.
The Push shock would be the correct size in numbers for the nomad(230x65 from a Yeti SB160)
but was wondering if there was something else that I should check or think before trying that?
cheers

Push ElevenSix SS

Should fit, the Megatower 2 has the same front triangle as the Nomad 6, so I would expect it would easily fit, and the shock for the Mt 2 also has 230 x 65 from Push(no 62,5mm option)

I wonder why Push have not released a shock/tune for the Nomad v6

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2023 at 21:25 Quote
I mean whats the point of buying one for the bike if they dont offer the tune for it

Posted: Jul 1, 2023 at 13:10 Quote
Spent a day in Soelden on my Bronson v4. Feels so much better than my previous Nomad v4 in the same size.

photo

Posted: Jul 5, 2023 at 3:44 Quote
Megatower V1 with some upgrades I've just finished. I even moved it to coil but don't have a photo just yet.

photo
photo
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2023 at 2:19 Quote
Fresh 5010 frame up build with everything I need and nothing I don't.
First time on a SC and loving every second of it!
5010 new bike day in the Mountains. Lyrik Ultimate. SDLX Ultimate. GX Transmission AXS. Reverb AXS. Code Ultimates. DT rims to Hydra s. All time ripper
Barspin mid mountain explore.
2023 Santa Cruz 5010 with all the good stuff. Lyrik Ultimate. SDLX Ultimate. GX Transmission AXS. Reverb AXS. Code Ultimates. DT rims to Hydra s. All time ripper
Front end on the new rig
Gx Transmission AXS

Posted: Jul 26, 2023 at 3:11 Quote
jarradlawrence wrote:
5010 new bike day in the Mountains. Lyrik Ultimate. SDLX Ultimate. GX Transmission AXS. Reverb AXS. Code Ultimates. DT rims to Hydra s. All time ripper
2023 Santa Cruz 5010 with all the good stuff. Lyrik Ultimate. SDLX Ultimate. GX Transmission AXS. Reverb AXS. Code Ultimates. DT rims to Hydra s. All time ripper
Front end on the new rig
Gx Transmission AXS

Looks sick! Is that a 150mm Lyrik?

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2023 at 3:50 Quote
riish wrote:
Looks sick! Is that a 150mm Lyrik?

Cheers!
140mm Lyrik!

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2023 at 9:34 Quote
photo

Unexpectedly sold my 2020 Megatower with custom "Miamitower" livery and replaced it with a 2023 V2 with essentially the same S build kit.
Only a few rides so far but I would say it feels familiar but the evolution is noticeable especially with the steeper seat tube. The Fox 38 is really supple too and the in frame storage is just such a cool feature.

Now the important stuff. I obviously like to customize the colourway on my bikes, but I'm not 100% sure what to do with this new bike, the green SC decals look good but don't match anything. I'm strongly considering gold decals and some subtle accents (gold bolts, stem spaces, seat clamp nothing crazy). But just wondering if gold without kashima is a faux pas?
Personally I don't think so since kashima is so hard to match to anything anyway, but I am curious of other's opinions.
So what do ya say: Gold? Keep it stock? some other colour? Beer

Posted: Jul 30, 2023 at 8:38 Quote
jarradlawrence wrote:
Front end on the new rig
Gx Transmission AXS

Is that actually fully barspinnable and ridable with the brake hose that short? I'm impressed. Been thinking of doing it to my 5010 V4

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.035545
Mobile Version of Website