The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)
Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 21:33 Quote
seraph wrote:
I've heard good things about the Primary Arms red dots. Also the Holosun versions.

I have a PA and a Halosun, and that honestly aren't bad at all, great pieces for the money. With that said, I prefer my Vortex and Eotech. I'll likely be doing vortex exclusively in the future, save for a Sig Romeo maybe for my pistol...

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 11:36 Quote
If I could afford an Eotech I would for sure. But with the amount of actual range time I get, it doesn't make sense to spend that kind of money on the gun.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 6:21 Quote
I could not help myself. I was just starting to accept the scrawny looks of the slim KRX X-ray frontend I had on my KRG Whiskey chassis. I got the whole thing for a song, as they say, so I figured that it was worth spending som money on it. And along came the KRG enclosed forend. I had to have one.
Long story short, got it last friday, went to the range today. And it works just fine. My shooting was not stellar today, avarage at best, but hey, sometimes thats the way things are.

KRG enclosed forend. Its awesome...

Not so great shooting just avarage But still.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 7:26 Quote
Damn that's a cool f*cking rifle!

Do you always shoot suppressed?

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 7:53 Quote
I have found my shooting is at it’s worse when I have too much coffee. But that’s real life shooting.

If that’s as bad as yours gets you are doing fine.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 8:12 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:

That rifle never gets shot without the suppressor on it. There is no reason not to use it, it is a solid shooter. The guy driving it is another story Smile

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 8:15 Quote
cougar797 wrote:
I have found my shooting is at it’s worse when I have too much coffee. But that’s real life shooting.

I don't function without coffee in the morning. This was shot around lunchtime and coffee was not the issue. I can shoot better, but not today.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 10:51 Quote
chaserider wrote:
cougar797 wrote:

I don't function without coffee in the morning. This was shot around lunchtime and coffee was not the issue. I can shoot better, but not today.

I also notice that your smallest group came from the target with the smallest visual circle to reference. That makes a difference as well, the whole aim at small stuff make small groups thing. The larger groups are all on the larger targets.

I’m willing to bet if you were shooting at a thumbnail sized dot they would have all been smaller still. Damn fine shooting for as large a target reference.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 11:16 Quote
cougar797 wrote:

I also notice that your smallest group came from the target with the smallest visual circle to reference. That makes a difference as well, the whole aim at small stuff make small groups thing. The larger groups are all on the larger targets.

I’m willing to bet if you were shooting at a thumbnail sized dot they would have all been smaller still. Damn fine shooting for as large a target reference.

That is a good point and I actually thought a little about that as well. Will try with smaller targets the next time I go to the range. I usually use the gray targets at 300 meters.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 14:22 Quote
chaserider wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

That rifle never gets shot without the suppressor on it. There is no reason not to use it, it is a solid shooter. The guy driving it is another story Smile

That's awesome man. I'm still waiting for more relaxed laws regarding suppressors in our country, I only have a pistol caliber can right now. Looking to add a .30cal can though to double up as a 5.56 can on my AR's

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 17:10 Quote
I'm starting to slowly accumulate parts for my Polymer80 PF45 Glock 21 build. Got a Storm Lake barrel for $80 from PeaceGeek. Need to decide between getting a stock OEM slide or a blank and having it machined by Southwest Precision. Polymer80 is allegedly going to start having G21 compatible slides as well, but I'm not sure on the timeframe.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 20:00 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
chaserider wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

That's awesome man. I'm still waiting for more relaxed laws regarding suppressors in our country, I only have a pistol caliber can right now. Looking to add a .30cal can though to double up as a 5.56 can on my AR's

The fact that suppressors are still an NFA item here is a strong indicator of how many ill informed people are out there trying to make decisions on crap they know nothing about in the US.

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 10:23 Quote
chaserider wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

are cans as restricted and expensive where you are as they are in the states? I know alot of countries in the world make law that in order to hunt you must use a suppressor for noise abatement reasons. you know, common sense and logic applied whereas Americans are still scared and believe in a law enacted way back in the 20's or some shit

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 11:41 Quote
Anybody have any experience with the Devil Dog side charger conversion?

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 12:06 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Anybody have any experience with the Devil Dog side charger conversion?

No but I want one for my DMR build. Just can’t warrant more moneys on that rifle.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014440
Mobile Version of Website