Former junior CX and XC World Champion Simon Andreassen from Denmark and former U23 & E-bike World Champion Alan Hatherly from South Africa will join Henrique Avancini and Manuel Fumic on Cannondale Factory Racing for 2021. Both Andreassen and Hatherly had breakout results in 2020 riding for Specialized Bicycles, with Andreassen winning his first Elite XCO World Cup and Alan securing an Elite XCO World Cup podium.
The newly formed team spent two weeks together for a small team camp to prepare for the 2021 season, where the focus will be on the UCI MTB XC World Cup, UCI World Championships, the Olympic games in Tokyo and the ABSA Cape Epic in October.
• Current Elite XC Danish National Champion
• 2020 Nove Mesto World Cup winner (first elite race/1st round)
• Former Jr. World Champion in XCO and Cyclocross
• Former U23 XCO World Champion
• Former e-bike World Champion 2019
• 5th at 2020 Nove Mesto World Cup (2nd round)
• South African Elite XC National Champion
• Former African Jersey winner at Cape Epic
Andreassen will be competing in his first race as a Cannondale athlete on Saturday, 9 January, at the Danish National Cyclocross Championships.