Ryan Kuhn from cycle eye coaching has been actively involved in grassroots mountain biking, including trail advocacy, management and development. So, he knows how to put on an amazing event and an awesome course.
Registration is still open, register now!
- Day of registrations are CASH ONLY!!! Please bring exact amounts.
Welcome to Round #1
of the OSPREY Canadian National Enduro Championship (CNEC)
, presented by NOBL
on Sunday, July 31st, 2016
at Red Mountain Resort, Rossland. This round is hosted by cycle eye coaching - Ryan Kuhn
with support from Tourism Rossland and Red Mountain Resort
.EVENT LOCATIONRed Mountain Resort, 4300 Red Mountain Rd, Rossland, BC V0G 1Y0 SCHEDULE
SUNDAY | CNEC | Red Mountain Resort You are not permitted to start the course until your allotted departure time.
ALL RACERS MUST ATTEND RACER BRIEFING!
7:30am VOLUNTEER and FIRST-AID MEETING - Meet at REGISTRATION TENT
8:00-8.30am: Men 30-39 | REGISTRATION and Briefing
8:30am: Men 30-39 Depart
8:30-9.05am: Men 21-29 | REGISTRATION and Briefing
9:05am: Men 21-29 Depart
9:00-9.35am: Pro Women, Open Women and All Short Course | REGISTRATION and Briefing
9:35am: Women and Short Course Depart
9:30am-10.05am: U21 and 15 and Under | REGISTRATION and Briefing
10:05am: U21 and 15 and Under Depart
10:00am-10.35am: Master 40-49 and 50+ Men | REGISTRATION and Briefing
10:35am: Master 40-49 and 50+ Men Depart
10:30am-11:00am: Pro Men REGISTRATION and Briefing
11:00am: PRO MEN DEPART (Pro Men who leave before 11:00am will face a 3-minute penalty
3.00pm: Awards (or whenever last rider is in)APRES BIKE
12:30PM-4:00PM Burgers and Beer, lots of beer at RED MOUNTAINRACE COURSE
Please be advised, the ELEVATION is incorrect on Trail Forks, also, ensure you follow the stage numbers 1 through to 5.Regular Course
• Stage 1: Whiskey
• Stage 2: Cherry Poppins
• Stage 3: Crown Point
• Stage 4: Redhead
• Stage 5: PaydirtFOOD STATION - Bottom of Stage 1 - You will pass this X3 Times, so come prepared with extra water and food!Important Course Info
• SHORT COURSE - Is Stage 4 and 5 only
• There is a FREE shuttle from Stage 3 to the transition up to Stage 4
• Food Station is at the Bottom of Whiskey, you will pass it X3 Times
• There is a Mechanic located at the bottom of Stage 1 (Whiskey), you will pass it X3 Times
• Everything starts and ends at Red Resort
This year we will be working with Trailforks to release all of our courses. Their APP is amazing and here are a few helpful hints for using Trailforks
• Download the App
• Download the BC REGION - this will allow you to utilize the map when you're 'offline'
• Go to: www.trailforks.com/routes
• Check out our course here
• Once on the event hand page, you will see on the right, above the map, a "wishlist" button, with a Cellphone Icon - CLICK THAT BUTTON, it will put a copy of the route into your phone!**Disclaimer**
Courses will be fully marked on SATURDAY before 7PM. Riders wishing to ride the course before it is finished being marked do so at their own risk. The BC ENDURO SERIES and CNEC do not assume any responsibilities for course changes, modifications to the route or lost riders.Registration/Staging AddressRed Mountain Resort, 4300 Red Mountain Rd, Rossland, BC V0G 1Y0
, Rossland, BC
You may only register (plate and timing pickup) during your allotted time frames. NO EXCEPTIONS!
You are not permitted to start the course until your allotted departure time.Trailhead Information
Everything starts and ends from RED MOUNTAIN RESORT.SHUTTLES
There is one FREE shuttle on course from STAGE 3 to STAGE 4.
If you are interested in shuttles for pre-riding on Saturday, please feel free to organize it with Mountain Shuttle
IMPORTANT SERIES POINTS INFORMATION
Official CNEC Jersey
As a short reminder please find the point system of all three series outlined below or on our [l=http://www.bcenduro.com/#!series-info/lw44g]website[/l].
The OSPREY BC Enduro Series is three different event series.
1) OSPREY BC Enduro Series West
(BCES) - CNEC and West
2) OSPREY BC Enduro Series East
(BCES) - CNEC and East
3) OSPREY Canadian National Enduro Championships
(CNEC), presented by NOBL Wheels
- Points are accumulated for East and West series separately
- 7 Races for West (drop worst 2)
- 6 Races for East (drop worst 1)
- Must race 5 to be considered for overall
- Includes CNEC Rounds
- BCES Categories are different than CNEC, but, you can get points for both at joint events
- SUN PEAKS is the finale for both BCES Series
- The CNEC is a three race championship that combines the BC Enduro Series Overall's.
- The CNEC is a separate series from the BCES
- This requires that you choose the appropriate CATEGOREY
- Participants registered in the BCES for ROSSLAND, REVELSTOKE AND SUN PEAKS are automatically entered into CNEC.
- SUN PEAKS is the finale for the CNEC/BCES and is 15% BONUS POINT ROUND
- MUST RACE 2 out of 3, to be considered for the championship
Nice view in Golden
• FREE CAMPING at Red Mountain - Please camp in designated area only, There is a PORTA POTTIE | NO SERVICES AVAILABLE
• Lions Campground is Fully Booked!
• RED RESORT | Special Rates for Racers!
NEXT STOP: Revelstoke
Women rock at the enduro!
of the Canadian National Enduro Champianship will take place in Revelstoke. It will be a full on race weekend hosted by WANDERING Wheels with support from Tourism Revelstoke. Expect technical descents, long stages and the best trails in Revelstoke. You may want your DH bike!
This stop will include:
• Two days of racing
• Best trails in Revelstoke
• NO SHORT COURSE for this race!!!WE NEED HELP!
We're always looking for parents, girlfriends/boyfriends or injured riders to help out!
What you'll get:
• Post race meal and drink
• Discount entry on any other race, for you or for a friend/kid/dog
Contact Diana: firstname.lastname@example.orgNeed Something?! More Information?
• Athlete Inquires | email@example.com
• Volunteer Information | firstname.lastname@example.org (Diana)
• All other inquiries | email@example.com (Event Director)A massive thank-you to this year's series sponsors and supporters
• And anyone who Volunteered with us and anyone who helped with a shuttle, a beer or a spare tube!www.facebook.com/bcenduroseries
#BCEnduroSeries / @bcenduroseries / @NOBLWheels