Not a massive pedaller, enjoy drops jumps northshore street etc. I like the quick runs.

Block user


Tristanssid Odigrips's article
Mar 16, 2023 at 6:38
Mar 16, 2023
ODI Releases New Reflex Lock-On Grips
A lot of things contribute, grips are important but I'd check a few things first otherwise even perfect grips would suck; Gloves fit well? They can shrink in the wash Tyre pressure ok? Suspension (often too soft is an issue) Fork seals need a refresh? Brakes are they working ok, holding brakes too much because they aren't as sharp as they could be makes everything worse Brake bite point and lever position good? Shifter/dropper positioned right. Roll the bar forward or back to try and see how that affects things. Grip diameter is fairly far down the list and if it's a new thing I would check your setup first. I use ergon ge1 grips which are great and being 6ft2 use the non slim version
Tristanssid mikekazimer's article
Mar 4, 2023 at 14:18
Mar 4, 2023
What Type of eMTB Should You Buy in 2023?
It must be so hard to make rules that keep ebikes within an acceptable power output. I would love a light ebike because i don't get out often to maintain fitness, it would be great to commute on and I could ride it everywhere. Making a 170mm bike better all round, but i cant imagine the amount of extra wear and tear they put on trails. But a 50lbs monster with 90nm of torque is too close to a motorcycle for me to not worry about sharing trails with my wife and child as they learn
Tristanssid dariodigiulio's article
Mar 2, 2023 at 5:38
Mar 2, 2023
Buying a Bike From a Shop Versus Buying Online
Pro tip, buy last years model for 30% off from a shop in October. If you can fix your own bike - you know where to buy. If you are getting into biking - buy from a shop and don't buy expensive If you want to buy new because your current bike isn't good enough, have you tried new tyres/brakes first?
Tristanssid pinkbikeoriginals's article
Jan 10, 2023 at 13:47
Jan 10, 2023
Video: Friday Fails #254
Tyre bonks helmet
Jan 5, 2023 at 5:56
Jan 5, 2023
Tristanssid christiefitz's article
Dec 26, 2022 at 8:47
Dec 26, 2022
Video: 30 Bikes Hucked to Flat in Slow Motion
@kobold: I feel like they run the air springs lower than normal as some blow through the travel instantly
Tristanssid ForbiddenBike's article
Dec 22, 2022 at 1:27
Dec 22, 2022
Video: Forbidden Announces New Dreadnought Team Edition Bike
I find it crasy the price difference between R's and RSC codes. I have RSC codes but I would have gone for RS codes if they existed. Love my brakes but they are too expensive, I did see Josh B on the R's recently and was surprised. SRAM make some Code RS's please
Tristanssid mattbeer's article
Sep 11, 2022 at 3:56
Sep 11, 2022
Pinkbike Poll: How Easy (or Hard) Is It to Work On Your Bike?
My take is, Some jobs need doing so infrequently like pressing headsets facing etc, I'm not investing in the tools. Otherwise dampers are serviced by pros and wheels are only built and rebuilt by wheel builders. Everything else I'll do myself, it's part of the hobby.
Tristanssid seb-stott's article
Sep 8, 2022 at 11:00
Sep 8, 2022
Review: Atherton AM.150.1
@Balgaroth: I went for a ride on my long and low Mondraker, it was unrideable,went over the handlebars every bump. Seriously though, you're weight is primarily centered at the BB, the proportions front to rear are important, I just think that going super slack isn't that important, it's all a balance, but the triangle that is BB, hands, front wheel contact point are the key metrics. I guess as I've got older I'll take the efficiency of my Foxy to let me right more, and the speed it carries through 90% or DH trails over the gains I got on my 170mm enduro bike I had before on the other 10%. I spend a high percentage of my time climbing to enjoy a descent, so the climb needs to be comfortable for me
Sep 6, 2022 at 14:34
Sep 6, 2022
Load more...
You must login to Pinkbike.
Don't have an account? Sign up

Join Pinkbike  Login
Copyright © 2000 - 2023. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.026093
Mobile Version of Website