Trek session owners club

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Trek session owners club
Posted: Jan 19, 2024 at 18:48 Quote
skimtb1 wrote:
FYI - Just found this crack on inside of Session HP headtube
Busted session

For some reason this weld was discontinuous and it cracked directly between the two beads

Odd place to crack. When I was installing my headset on my bike I noticed a lot of weld penetration through the headtube. Going to keep an eye on it.

Posted: Jan 21, 2024 at 12:49 Quote
What’s the spec for the 2023 session headset bearings?

my bearings were wasted, so much gunk in there, it’s an fsa at the moment, thinking maybe to try something else, any recommendations for headset replacement?

Posted: Jan 21, 2024 at 17:50 Quote
trifecta wrote:
What’s the spec for the 2023 session headset bearings?

my bearings were wasted, so much gunk in there, it’s an fsa at the moment, thinking maybe to try something else, any recommendations for headset replacement?

EC49/ZS56.

Posted: Feb 7, 2024 at 20:31 Quote
skimtb1 wrote:
FYI - Just found this crack on inside of Session HP headtube
Busted session

For some reason this weld was discontinuous and it cracked directly between the two beads

Just got notified that a replacement frame is in the mail. Trek has always been great with warranties for me Smile

Posted: Feb 8, 2024 at 1:11 Quote
I used to work for Trek and never once did they deny warranty to somebody I thought deserved it, they are very good

Posted: Feb 11, 2024 at 10:09 Quote
Yo guys, need some help.

I bought a R1 Trek session 2023 and I’m 172cm. Bike came mullet since it was a used one. It fits good and it rips. But I have a problem.

Half way down the track I have discomfort in my hand palm and wrist.

What do you think of this? Need to make the reach longer with headset or a different stem?

Thank you!

Posted: Feb 11, 2024 at 11:00 Quote
brit013 wrote:
Yo guys, need some help.

I bought a R1 Trek session 2023 and I’m 172cm. Bike came mullet since it was a used one. It fits good and it rips. But I have a problem.

Half way down the track I have discomfort in my hand palm and wrist.

What do you think of this? Need to make the reach longer with headset or a different stem?

Thank you!

Sounds more like a suspension issue.

Posted: Feb 11, 2024 at 11:48 Quote
R1 may be a bit small but I'd agree it's unlikely to be causing the issue above.

What forks and pressure? What shock and spring/pressure? What tyres/pressure?

Posted: Feb 11, 2024 at 12:23 Quote
Sounds like suspension to me

Posted: Feb 12, 2024 at 11:31 Quote
I'd start by simply messing with the bar roll. A couple of degrees forwards or backwards can make a big difference to the pressure placed on your wrists and palms. And it's free!

Posted: Feb 12, 2024 at 12:53 Quote
A few ideas:

Only hold on as tight as you need to - don't squeeze the grips too hard the whole run

Bar roll - find the best angle

Brake lever position - make sure hand/wrist is in a strong position when you're in attack position with finger on the lever. Too high or low and it will be awkward

Grip thickness - too fat will be hard to hold onto for prolonged periods, too thin/worn out and can put a lot of vibrations through the hands. I like a thinner grip and I rotate them as they wear and then buy a new set long before I get down to the plastic.

Suspension setup - appropriate sag, compression and rebound to avoid harshness.

Tire pressure - assuming you're tubeless pressure should be sub 30psi. Lower pressures take away vibration, but increases chance of damage to rim. 24-28psi somewhere is normally good. If you're not tubeless, go tubeless.

Increase your grip strength - farmers carries, dumbbell work, deadlifts. If your hands and arms are stronger you'll be able to hold on tight with less effort.

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2024 at 16:24 Quote
Question for you all here. Is there any reason why this headset would not work on the new session https://www.workscomponents.co.uk/reach-adjust-ec49-zs56---to-suit-1-18x22-steerer---6mm-1413-p.asp

Obviously it’s going from a ZS to an EC but outside of steer tube length I can’t think of any reason it might not work?

Posted: Feb 19, 2024 at 20:47 Quote
tricyclerider wrote:
Question for you all here. Is there any reason why this headset would not work on the new session https://www.workscomponents.co.uk/reach-adjust-ec49-zs56---to-suit-1-18x22-steerer---6mm-1413-p.asp

Obviously it’s going from a ZS to an EC but outside of steer tube length I can’t think of any reason it might not work?

That will work. Just put one on my session.

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2024 at 21:02 Quote
Colk45 wrote:
tricyclerider wrote:

That will work. Just put one on my session.
Great thanks!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012838
Mobile Version of Website