Trek session owners club

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Trek session owners club
Posted: Feb 20, 2024 at 4:15 Quote
How much does a 6mm reach adjust actually change the reach ? I'm sure it's not just 6mm as you may expect, but i don't know on the science on this stuff.

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2024 at 8:00 Quote
weeksy59 wrote:
How much does a 6mm reach adjust actually change the reach ? I'm sure it's not just 6mm as you may expect, but i don't know on the science on this stuff.
if my math is right and there is a good chance it isn’t you should gain about 5.3mm. Not massive changes but my goal is to get those few mm lost back from swapping to a mullet. All this said, I am seeing a couple different published geo charts one saying it loses 1.3mm of reach and another saying it loses about 4mm of reach.

Anyone able to verify forsure the difference in geo when swapping to mullet?

Posted: Feb 20, 2024 at 9:00 Quote
Is the bikes gets slacker from an mx rear wheel the reach shortens

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2024 at 11:45 Quote
In addition theoretically the headtube will steepen by lengthening the reach as well. We are talking like fractions of a degree for such a small change in reach but it is worth noting.

Posted: May 2, 2024 at 7:31 Quote
Hey everyone,

I have a 2023 Trek Session with a bomber cr coil shock. It came with a 3.5 450in/lb spring and I am looking to get a 475, but I noticed that they come in 3.15". I see people on this forum running a SLS 475 and wondering what size works with the newer hp sessions?

Thanks so much for your replies!

Posted: May 5, 2024 at 10:48 Quote
dgenge wrote:
Hey everyone,

I have a 2023 Trek Session with a bomber cr coil shock. It came with a 3.5 450in/lb spring and I am looking to get a 475, but I noticed that they come in 3.15". I see people on this forum running a SLS 475 and wondering what size works with the newer hp sessions?

Thanks so much for your replies!

The 2023 session uses a 72.5mm stroke shock. Lets say 75mm to be safe. You need to purchase a spring with at least 75m (3") travel. A spring badged as 3.15" will have at least 3.15" of stroke, so will work fine on your bike.

Posted: May 7, 2024 at 19:25 Quote
What it is everyone running for a rear shock on their HP sessions? The Van R that came with my gx build lasts about 6 rides before needing a rebuild, and the 72.5 stroke seems to limit the options available.

Posted: May 7, 2024 at 23:01 Quote
Colk45 wrote:
What it is everyone running for a rear shock on their HP sessions? The Van R that came with my gx build lasts about 6 rides before needing a rebuild, and the 72.5 stroke seems to limit the options available.

Standard Super Deluxe air DH, being used in National DH. I also have a newer 23 shock the same as a spare, which is a bearing upper mount instead of bushing, but we've not needed that yet.

Posted: May 8, 2024 at 9:07 Quote
Colk45 wrote:

I run a 250x75 EXT Arma, and have for the last two full seasons.

Posted: May 8, 2024 at 14:19 Quote
Colk45 wrote:

VanR is a solid little shock. Bombproof in fact. Should last more than 6 rides... Whats going wrong that lets you know it needs a rebuild?

Posted: May 10, 2024 at 5:40 Quote
Colk45 wrote:

I ran a 75mm stroke without issue. The major brands can also be rebuilt to decrease stroke to 72.5 if you like.

Ive used a Fox Float X2 and DHX2. I think I like the coil more.
I do have a Fox Van that was taken off my Session, never used, for sale. Wink

Posted: May 11, 2024 at 8:39 Quote
Colk45 wrote:

You can slap a 75mm in there no problem. Might get a tiny bit more travel too? I've got a 75mm megneg'd super deluxe air on mine

Posted: May 12, 2024 at 20:29 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
Colk45 wrote:

VanR is a solid little shock. Bombproof in fact. Should last more than 6 rides... Whats going wrong that lets you know it needs a rebuild?

I seem to be constantly breaking a spring inside the shock. It is supposed to be a common issue. When the shock works I do like the way it rides.

Posted: May 13, 2024 at 14:12 Quote
Colk45 wrote:
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
Colk45 wrote:

I seem to be constantly breaking a spring inside the shock. It is supposed to be a common issue. When the shock works I do like the way it rides.

It's been a while since I took one of those apart, but the only spring I can think of inside one of them is a check valve return spring on the compression assy. And theres really no reason that should break ever.

There is a wave spring that preloads the lsc adjuster on the van rc which can break occasioanlly, but thats like a £2 part and once replaced should last a few years at least. It might be worth sending your shock to a different service center to the one you have been using and seeing if you have better luck.

Posted: May 15, 2024 at 19:07 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
Colk45 wrote:
gabriel-mission9 wrote:

It's been a while since I took one of those apart, but the only spring I can think of inside one of them is a check valve return spring on the compression assy. And theres really no reason that should break ever.

There is a wave spring that preloads the lsc adjuster on the van rc which can break occasioanlly, but thats like a £2 part and once replaced should last a few years at least. It might be worth sending your shock to a different service center to the one you have been using and seeing if you have better luck.

It's the wave spring, and it has been warranty repaired by fox both times.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012819
Mobile Version of Website