Transition Spur

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Spur
O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2023 at 10:51 Quote
NERyder wrote:
privateer-wheels wrote:

I'm running front at rear. I quite like them.

What compound and casing are you running on the forecaster? When I check out the specs on Maxxis site the forecasters seem to weigh more then I expected, but if they roll almost as good as the Recon and grip better as well it could be worth the switch
The old Forkasters 2.35" were a lot lighter than the reformulated 2.4"

Posted: Sep 25, 2023 at 12:36 Quote
NERyder wrote:
privateer-wheels wrote:

What compound and casing are you running on the forecaster? When I check out the specs on Maxxis site the forecasters seem to weigh more then I expected, but if they roll almost as good as the Recon and grip better as well it could be worth the switch

I am on dual compound. I bought them before 3C was available.

I would say you are on point. They roll as quickly as a Rekon, with more bite in the corners and better wet weather performance - I never liked the Rekons in damp weather.

O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2023 at 14:47 Quote
privateer-wheels wrote:
NERyder wrote:
privateer-wheels wrote:

I am on dual compound. I bought them before 3C was available.

I would say you are on point. They roll as quickly as a Rekon, with more bite in the corners and better wet weather performance - I never liked the Rekons in damp weather.

Thanks for the feedback and opinion. All we have had in New England this year is wet weather and wet rocks and roots which is probably why I have not been wild about the recons

Posted: Sep 26, 2023 at 18:54 Quote
Isn't there a Tires thread? This has gotten away from a Spur thread.

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2023 at 3:55 Quote
As a Spur owner tire choice is one of the most influential decisions that can make the Spur good, great, or amazing.

The real question though, what will Spur V2 be like? We know UDH is coming, but what else?

Posted: Sep 27, 2023 at 12:27 Quote
Supergo wrote:
As a Spur owner tire choice is one of the most influential decisions that can make the Spur good, great, or amazing.

The real question though, what will Spur V2 be like? We know UDH is coming, but what else?

The info is out there. But they watch these posts so I won't be the one to leak it.

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2023 at 16:25 Quote
mjscyclery wrote:
Supergo wrote:

The info is out there. But they watch these posts so I won't be the one to leak it.

Tell me where to look

Posted: Oct 2, 2023 at 9:42 Quote
Recently picked up a 22' spur xo1 build in a trade. Pretty impressed with the bike. Quick, peppy and light. xl 26.8lbs with pedals and the stock dt swiss wheels. Rekon/ Rekon race.

Seeing people talk about the v2 made me considering waiting but I don't want the bike any longer, slacker etc. I really dig the geometry as is. Curious how much they could really change before it becomes too much like the new smuggler.

Overall the bike is awesome! I think a spire would be a great compliment to the spur as a second bike.
photo

Posted: Oct 2, 2023 at 13:52 Quote
NERyder wrote:
privateer-wheels wrote:

I've never seen a tire wear faster on the center knobs. My Forkaster Exo was toast after 150 miles on the rear wheel of my Spur. I'll be going back to Rekons.

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2023 at 12:35 Quote
FYI for anyone who's a glutton for color matching parts...the new Industry9 Bronze parts match the goldish color on the black powder spur perfectly. Looks pretty fly.

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2023 at 12:52 Quote
fentoncrackshell wrote:
NERyder wrote:
privateer-wheels wrote:

I've never seen a tire wear faster on the center knobs. My Forkaster Exo was toast after 150 miles on the rear wheel of my Spur. I'll be going back to Rekons.

I just got some specialized tan sidewall ground controls to try out. They might be lite on grip on the front but I thought it would be worth a try and they look so nice on the green/blue colored frame. Also I got them for $30 each. So worth a try

Posted: Nov 2, 2023 at 13:04 Quote
IsaacO wrote:
FYI for anyone who's a glutton for color matching parts...the new Industry9 Bronze parts match the goldish color on the black powder spur perfectly. Looks pretty fly.

There are a few out there floating around with the matte bourbon parts from Chris King that match even better IMHO.

Not that that's particularly helpful I'm sure, as they are (almost) impossible to find now.

Posted: Nov 24, 2023 at 12:58 Quote
Anybody have any problems with the sidluxe losing air? Bought my Spur used, shock was supposed to have been just serviced. Worked great for about 30 miles or so, then on the next ride had a ton of pedal strikes. Shock was down from 190 psi to 70. Pumped it back up, was down to 90 2 miles later. Love the bike, but the sidluxe is not making me love it right now.
Thought about taking advantage of some Black Friday sales, CC has the Air IL on sale right now, saw some others saying they ran the CC DB Air IL, but they don't have any stock in the 190x45 size. Always ran Fox shocks, and not at all opposed to going with a DPS as well. Then saw others saying the RockShox Ultimate is a great choice. Have seen some modified super deluxe ultimates that are supposed to have a smaller air can and fit on a Spur as well. Seems maybe like overkill to have a piggyback air can on a 120 mm bike though.

Anyway... is the sidluxe an easy fix? Worth keeping? or ditch for something else?
If changing shocks does anybody know the hardware off the top of your head to mount it? The CC site has about 100 options to choose from.

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2023 at 13:09 Quote
Why don’t you just send the shock for a service? They’ll re seal it.

Other than that, SDU IS AWESOME

rwmccon wrote:
Anybody have any problems with the sidluxe losing air? Bought my Spur used, shock was supposed to have been just serviced. Worked great for about 30 miles or so, then on the next ride had a ton of pedal strikes. Shock was down from 190 psi to 70. Pumped it back up, was down to 90 2 miles later. Love the bike, but the sidluxe is not making me love it right now.
Thought about taking advantage of some Black Friday sales, CC has the Air IL on sale right now, saw some others saying they ran the CC DB Air IL, but they don't have any stock in the 190x45 size. Always ran Fox shocks, and not at all opposed to going with a DPS as well. Then saw others saying the RockShox Ultimate is a great choice. Have seen some modified super deluxe ultimates that are supposed to have a smaller air can and fit on a Spur as well. Seems maybe like overkill to have a piggyback air can on a 120 mm bike though.

Anyway... is the sidluxe an easy fix? Worth keeping? or ditch for something else?
If changing shocks does anybody know the hardware off the top of your head to mount it? The CC site has about 100 options to choose from.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010684
Mobile Version of Website