Powered by Outside

show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Jun 13, 2020 at 16:20 Quote
Custom build but pretty straight forward spec, thanks for looking!

Size Medium Desert Orange CC Frame
Fork: Lyrik Ultimate 150mm
Shock: Rock Shox Superdeluxe Ultimate
Groupset: Sram GX
Brakes: TRP G-spec Trail SLC
Wheels: i9 Hydra Trail S
Tires: Maxxis Minion DHR ii front and rear
Dropper: PNW Rainier w/ loam lever
Cockpit: PNW Ranger bar and stem

photo
photo

Posted: Jun 15, 2020 at 11:47 Quote
I've just noticed the rebound on my V4 Nomad is too slow. Anyone else had trouble getting the rebound fast enough on their super deluxe r air shock?

I didn't think it was a problem before, but rode it today and wanted it way faster when fully open. Sag was fine.

Posted: Jun 15, 2020 at 17:12 Quote
fielonator wrote:
I've just noticed the rebound on my V4 Nomad is too slow. Anyone else had trouble getting the rebound fast enough on their super deluxe r air shock?

I didn't think it was a problem before, but rode it today and wanted it way faster when fully open. Sag was fine.
Try to increase air pressure and ride again.

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2020 at 20:10 Quote
I think new nomad is coming tomorrow

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2020 at 22:28 Quote
New 5010 tomorrow, teaser clip on their IG. Their IG bio links to 5010 too so I assume once the website update comes in, voila

Posted: Jun 16, 2020 at 0:09 Quote
Good colors but man a 150mm headtube on a large? Why?

Posted: Jun 16, 2020 at 0:09 Quote
christiaan wrote:

XD

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2020 at 0:14 Quote
christiaan wrote:
Yeah I'm not into that, I already feel like the stack on my Bronson could be a bit high for some riders. I only run 5mm of spacers under the stem. The bike looks super cool though otherwise.

Posted: Jun 16, 2020 at 11:15 Quote
My Santa Cruz history......

photo
sc carbon nomad
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jun 16, 2020 at 11:24 Quote
Damn that second Nomad brings me back. I had a yellow (yellow was all they had in stock) aluminum MK2 back in 2010.
photo

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2020 at 12:10 Quote
That’s freakin cool. Pretty sure all my bikes are in my albums. I’ll try to post my SC history later.

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2020 at 13:39 Quote
Bullit
photo
TRC
Bronson
Wifes chameleon
Matchy matchy
New whip
Had to slang each one to afford the next but it’s been a fun 9 years. Wish I would have kept the TRC.

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2020 at 13:58 Quote
Bruh that TRC...
I still wish i hadn't sold mine.

Posted: Jun 16, 2020 at 14:00 Quote
Wish I'd never sold the Jackal Cry Nomad served me very well but it was time to move on with how crazy good newer bikes have become.

photo
jackal

photo

Posted: Jun 16, 2020 at 15:07 Quote
My complete SC history, minus my first Bullit, of which I do not have any photos.

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
Old pic of my dialed Nomad 2.
photo
photo
1997 Santa Cruz Jackal BMX done for now. New S amp M Race Bars. 21.86 lbs as pictured.
New black Silverado SLT saddle. Only one final piece of the puzzle remains in the quest to rid the Nickel of all white components... 28.5 lbs
New blue E.13 XCX chain guide and shortened front brake hose.
Tried out the new Box Components One shifter and derailleur. So far not entirely sold on the way the shifter works. Due to the incompatibility of the clamp with the Matchmaker system the shifter is at an odd angle and I have to actually reposition my hand in order to reach back and upshift. The motion of the upshift itself isn t difficult but pulling your thumb back to get to the right angle to push the lever over is kind of awkward. Since the derailleur is Shimano compatible I may just replace it with a new SLX trigger instead.
Did a ride with my buddy Nick who took some sweet shots of my ride with his expensive DSLR.
Inaugural ride on the new hotness. Bike feels like I remember Blur 4Xs feeling. Light and snappy. Just over 26 lbs without anything ultra light except the Enve bars and carbon railed saddle. G2 RSC 4-piston brakes with a 140 rotor out back and 180 up front Turbine cranks with a 28t Wolf Tooth ring Burgtec Penthouse Mk.4 pedals Flow rims on SRAM 900 hubs Deity Copperhead stem...
Better photo of the new bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.051749
Mobile Version of Website