The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 2:51 Quote
Must try emailing, filled out online form and heard no more few weeks ago.

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 4:00 Quote
ChrisTunn wrote:
Why was the 1st of August canceled? Thought flights are fine to go now?

Saturday flights are cancelled at the moment from Luton. They only recently put Fri/Sunday flights up

Mine on the 8th is still not going (neither am I) and am waiting for them to tell me

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 4:59 Quote
Could you not change it to Gatwick...I'm off tommorrow..all good so far *touch wood*.. only £64 return too...

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 8:45 Quote
Flying from Gatwick was the final nail in the coffin for me. Luton is 15 mins away, Gatwick is 1hr 30 + £200 in taxis

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 11:36 Quote
Anyone service cane creek shocks in the area?
I'm leaving on Saturday but I don't think I can leave it the way it is until then

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 11:39 Quote
hillman-hunter wrote:
I'm leaving on Saturday but I don't think I can leave it the way it is until then

When you get to Morzine go to the woods bike shop and ask if they can do it, or if they know anybody.

If you'd given yourself a bit more time you probably had chance to send it somewhere like TF tuned, but I think it's probably too late now if you're going saturday.

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 11:42 Quote
Jaff VTT in Les Gets! Sorted me out in a day when my Bos shock shat its guts all over pleney.

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 11:58 Quote
jaff in les gets done a few shocks in our group in past. First class service every time.

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 12:03 Quote
fuzzydunlop wrote:
Flying from Gatwick was the final nail in the coffin for me. Luton is 15 mins away, Gatwick is 1hr 30 + £200 in taxis

How come so expensive ? I got train here n hotel for early morning flight

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 12:04 Quote
hillman-hunter wrote:

I was gonna say Jaff too...but I'll be the third

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 13:37 Quote
Morzine noob here. Boring tyre question I’m afraid.

Taking my Mega 275 out in a few weeks.
Will Michelin wild enduros do the job or would I be better off with a double down or DH casing?

Won’t be doing much pedalling.

Any recommendations appreciated

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 14:43 Quote
They should be fine , that’s what they’re made for !

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 15:48 Quote
Rental bike I used last year after breaking my bike had wild enduro's and I found them to be pretty good once I dropped them down from the 35psi that the rental people put in them.

Posted: Jul 16, 2020 at 2:19 Quote
Guys thanks for the recommendation, Jaff's got me up and running again in about 2 hours, time to hit the trails

Posted: Jul 16, 2020 at 2:24 Quote
fuzzydunlop wrote:
ChrisTunn wrote:
Why was the 1st of August canceled? Thought flights are fine to go now?

Saturday flights are cancelled at the moment from Luton. They only recently put Fri/Sunday flights up

Mine on the 8th is still not going (neither am I) and am waiting for them to tell me

After you said this I checked to see if any Easyjet Newcastle flights are canceled. You can't book the date I'm going anymore. Waiting for the inevitable email.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014969
Mobile Version of Website