e.13 has recently been purchased by The Hive, a newer company that has a number of brands under it. Brands like Revel, Chub hubs, and now e13. There has been some images of the cranks floating around the internet, however here is the first video explaining the new crank arms, and technologies.
Check out more info inside...
There has been some random images of the new e.13 cranks floating around the internet. After doing some research and figuring out exactly what's going on, here is a product feature video with Chris Costello on the new e.13 cranks, along with some information on the availability, and technologies that have gone into them.
Details about the new DH crank are as follows:
- Forged and then machined 7050 Aluminum arms.
- 7050 is 40% stronger than most common hollow forged alloys.
- 30mm heat-treated cromoly spindle.
- It is 200%+ stiffer than 24mm steel spindles commonly used in external bearing cranksets.
- German DIN 32711-P3 Polygon interface provides 100% surface contact between spindle and crankarm
- Eliminates fretting corrosion – the prime cause of dreaded crankset creaking and loosening.
- 14mm pedal thread engagement + 7050 arm construction + quality pedal washers.
- Eliminates the need for costly and unreliable pedal thread inserts.
- High quality titanium-nickel hybrid spindle coating.
- Increases durability and extends material life (to just about forever). Tell your machinist friends. They might hug you.
- Standard 104 BCDLengths:
- 165mm, 170mm and 175mm lengths.BB
- Larger BB 6806 (7×30x42)Bearings carry 20% greater static load and dramatically increase BB durability.
- 68/73mm and 83mm BB shell versions.
- New: 24-38 Shift ringset option available.
- For you core freeriders who like to earn your downhill.
- Inner ring bolts to outer ring requiring no inner ring tabs on crank.Weight:
870g: Crank weight: 759g (165mm x 83mm) / BB weight 111g.MSRP:
$349 w/BB and BB install tool.Ring Configurations
- e*thirteen guide rings: 32-40T in one tooth increments. Available in black, silver, blue, red, green, and purple. 36-72 grams.
- 24-38 shiftrings: 9 & 10speed compatible. The 24T chainring bolts directly to the 38T chainring to optimize tooth location and provide the greatest amount of modularity and compatibility seen in a heavy duty All Mountain / race weight DH crankset. No grinding of granny tabs and eliminating front shifting options. 138 grams.
- 22-36 shift rings: same as above, slightly lower gearing for our comrades in steeper locales. 130 grams.Release Date:
Global availability by the end of July 2010.
More information here