PRESS RELEASE: Canadian National Enduro Series
Welcome to Round #5, Crowsnest Pass of the Norco Canadian Enduro Series presented by Live to Play Sports.
We are stoked to be back in Crowsnest Pass. It's a small town with a big mountain feel; the community is phenomenal and has a lot of heart. The United Riders of Crowsnest have done an amazing job of building trails, and Crowsnest is increasingly on the map for mountain bikers around the world.
We can't thank the community of Crowsnest Pass and the United Riders of Crowsnest enough for having us back. TRAIL LOVE
I'm sure we don't need to remind you that for better or worse, a lot of our trails are conceived of, paid for, and often built by volunteers. It's hard work but made slightly easier by the support of the mountain bike community. We're challenging our racers to buy a membership for the host organizations in the communities they visit during our races.
Please check out UROC's website
and buy a membership so they can keep delivering incredible riding experiences.
Wake up and enjoy views like these on race day!
This year we've got a few new programs to create some fun for the whole family so check the following:Rumhead Bike Fest
The Rumhead Bike Fest is taking place this weekend and has a ton of fun activities. Check out their schedule here.
Our racers might paticularly enjoy the Berma-Grin race on Saturday afternoon! It'll be fast, flowy, and fun!MEC Cycle and Ski Mechanic Station
Be sure to check out the MEC tent in the main vendor area, which will feature free mechanic services for riders. (Sunday all day).SMRT Tent
Come say hi to Lindsey and Cody at the SMRT Tent display - they've got incredible swag including stickers and t-shirts, plus comfy chairs to lounge in. Give Cody's dogs, Bronson and Nala, and little scratch while you're there.SMITH Thrills and Spills Timed Descent
The SMITH Thrills & Spills Timed Descent is a special stage, where racers have a chance at winning cold hard cash! At each race throughout the season, @Mikey_Coulter, NCES representative and videographer, will be on the search for a rider who has experienced the wildest Thrills and Spills of the stage. Mikey is armed with $75 for the man and woman who needs a little extra encouragement!
So how do you win!? At each race look for the stage with the SMITH archways, these stages are all about the Thrills & Spills, and are designed to not necessarily test your speed but to add a different level of fun at each event. Before, after and during this stage, @Mikey_Coulter, may surprise you with some love, so make sure you get well acquainted with him and tell him your story!
Full contest details here We Are One Rim Swap Fiesta
During the apres, don’t forget to try your hand and time yourself as you try to swap a tire from one #HandlaidInCanada
rim to another. The winner, takes home a pair of Carbon Rims, by We Are One! The game is simple, take a tire off of a #HandLaidInCanada
carbon rim, and put it back on. The fastest time takes home the rim set!
Don't forget to try your hand at the We Are One Rim Swap Fiesta to win a set of new carbon rims!
We're switching it up this year, no more confusing, long-winded emails, simply click the link to read our Event Brief.
If you still need more information, go to our website. If you're still lost, well, good luck finding Stage 2.
• Full Face Helmets are MANDATORY for ALL Racers
• Helmets must be worn at all times while on course
• NO SHUTTLING - from Pass Powderkeg to York Creek (Big Bear etc.), during the
• CAMPING - see below for more information, there will be some food for
purchase on Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday - bring cash. There will also be
• ALL RACERS = Must pickup timing tag, plate and attend riders briefing during their
designated time on SUNDAY
• See the Event Brief.
• Check out our Website
These events do not happen without our dedicated volunteers! If you're interested in volunteering at some of our events, please reach out and let us know how we can make your summer exceptional!
We're always looking for the following:
• Course Sweep
• Course Clear (rides behind the sweep and cleans course marking)
• Food Station
• Course Marshals
• Registration Table - Early start, early finish, interacting with the riders
• First-Aid - Must be comfortable with hiking/biking to your spot and be a minimum of WFR. We do offer paid positions.
• Finish Line Support - Hang out at the finish line
What we offer:
• Free sandwich and apres meal/beer on event day
• Free entry to any race this year! If redeeming for your kids/spouse you'll receive 75% off.
• Volunteer for more than two races and receive an additional free race!
• Free lift ticket for events based at resorts.
• High school Volunteer Hours for students!
• Event T-Shirt!
If you're keen, register here as volunteer
Thanks to all our volunteers, you are the backbone of the racing community!
The Norco Canadian Enduro Series is supported by:
Big thanks to all of the dedicated members of UROC and incredible volunteers who make this place awesome!
A massive thank-you to this year's series sponsors and supporters and anyone who volunteered with us and anyone who helped with a shuttle, a beer, or a spare tube! Need something? More information?
• Visit our Website
• Athlete Inquires & Volunteer Information | Robyn Goldsmith email@example.com
• All other inquiries | firstname.lastname@example.org (Event Director)