Video: Team Pilo at Bike Park Hermon Israel

Jan 19, 2013
by Sahar Kaminsky

Filmer and Editor:
Sahar Kaminsky
Video: Biketherapy
41056 views

fuck politics and religion as long as people of many cultures can ride together and have fun together! peace!
 Bicycle=Peace
 Excet, even if there were Palastinians who could afford bikes they wouldn't be allowed past the border.
 Thoousands of starving children from Africa can't ride in the UK or in Germany.
I won't stop riding. Will you?
 You are so smart don't you? I've got a feeling that you are full with hate well rub it all day it helps
Try it
Then ride bikes
 @loolilon this guy is not full of hate. your country and its government is full of hate. before the illegal occupation of Palestine Jews, muslims, and arabs lived side by side equally in peace. now look at the place!
 We are full of hate? palestinians kills us. what do you except us to do?
 Open a history book, muslims have never lived peacefully with anyone...
 @jtnord say what you want about muslims, christians and others don't have a peacefull history either
 @Pomit more Israelis die every year from Peanut Allergies, gunna ethnically cleanse peanuts too?
 @PoMiT dont feed the troll (JackDirt)!
 Socially unacceptable American viewpoint:

[YT=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RHBeyU89fM]
 @itamarLevy NomNomNom
 "jtnord" ...and jews does?! You dont even need to open a book to see,we just need to open our eyes. Please do...
 Please inform your selves before you make such ignorant statements. No religion, race, or group of peoples on this earth is better then the next, and all have committed atrocities in the past. Try to see things from another's point of view.

"You never really know a man until you understand things from his point of view, until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.”

Lee, Harper. To Kill a Mockingbird. J.B. Lippincott & Co., 1960
 I wonder what Palestinian's farmland was stolen and used to make a bike park.
 hey whoever is saying that muslims are peaceful needs to read the karan...it says to cut someones hand off if they steal
 @Pkam17: We here in the US sentence people do death, not much different. I'm not justifying what the Karan says, but if you get your bike stolen, you might feel the same way. Smile

What about this: Officer shoots a cyclist in the face!

www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/jan/19/tp-officer-shoots-man-in-the-face
 we dont cut people in half for stealing... abzillah your argument is invalid.... it is much different here
 seriously people, do u really need to talk about this on pinkbike? get a life and just learn to accept people for who they are
 Does the bible not says that it is acceptable to own slaves? Just because we are Christian does not mean we believe in such things, just like how if some one is muslim they do not necessarily believe in cutting off another's hand's for stealing just because it says it in the Karan.
 guys this is pinkbike, not youtube... chill the fuck out and lets just enjoy riding while we have it...
 shaneRX is right. Biking, not political or religious bs. I actually agree with an American. Lol. Just playing. Ride on, bible or not.
 So umm... cool video huh?
 thats mad! I would never have thought about riding my bike in Israel until I saw that clip. Hope theres more on the way.
 Pity the trails look very tame. Lots of potential there for some tech and gnar, they need to get on that.
 Theres only three riders give em a brake. Cant build everything. Dont know if i would trust the lift...
 Actually the lift is very safe but slow...
 Looks like a great start to something better in Israel. @redrook, they do look tamer than stuff here in North America but still pretty fun. The scenery looks amazing! Very well put together.
 Loved the bike trails on the bike trails.
 @Fuglio, they are the trail builders? @mfbeast, yeah but all those trails could be done easily on a hardtail, yet they're on big dh rigs. They need to get some more gravity involved.
 Israel is a great place to ride. within 2 hour drive you can change the conditions completely and it is sunny about 300 days a year! come and ride and to all the smart guys from europe that think they know something about the conflict around here, please come and live here for a year before you dare to coment about the situation - you have no Idea about our lives!
 I came to Zicron Yakov to help build the skate park and loved it there. Israel is a great place to live with much freedom, beautiful women, great food, nightlife, awesome skate spots where no one kicks you out, and good weather. I rode a shitty borrowed mtn bike and found some decent trails that led to some really cool old ruins. Over all great time and I would recommend a a trip there to anyone
 Downhill biking in Israel?!? Awesome! Just another reason I want to go to that cool place!
 I came here to say exactly that! Very cool!
 there's a lot of DH riding down here! be sure it wont be the last sick edit from israel!
 This is a mountain bike vid no point bringing up political views. It's an awesome track, and the riders are having fun riding their bikes. That's what matters. To the guy who started the talk on politics, shame on you for even bringing it up, and to the guys who debated about it, you just got suckered by a taunt.
 fuck yeah, go israel!!
 Shut Up, and comment on bikes and not politics, and if you must comment on politics take all sides into consideration and don't just blurt out under informed feelings. Honestly, most of the arguments posted could also be applied to many other countries at different points in time. US during expansion, segregation, WWII (Japanese internment), and Vietnam, Most of western Europe from the colonial age through to WWII (end of most colonial holdings), Germany during WWII, Japan during WWII, South Africa during the Apartheid, Rwanda during the Rwandan massacre and even the other middle eastern countries with conflicts between Shi'ites and Sunnis. The issue in Israel is that you have two very stubborn sides whose personalities were born out of conflict and defiance, which results in great difficulty in creating a dialogue in which people will actually try to find a compromise settlement and have everyone on both sides respect such a settlement.

And I apologize for getting a little worked up and hypocritically commenting on politics, just i get fed up when people on any side of an argument make statements based on emotion and propaganda instead of well researched and objective study. there are other places where you can argue all you like, lets keep our arguments here to wheelsize, suspension, and brand loyalty.
 ^ what he said. Go ride your bikes angry kids.
 To many words but still gave you a prop for the first sentence, this whole situation is ridiculous, we are all here because we f*cking love bikes. Why cant we all just skip along together being friends with rainbows and unicorns and sh*t wherever we come from or whatever we worship.
 Mad love to our MTB bros in Israel from your Yankee friends in the US. I've always wanted to visit, now I have yet another reason. Keep up the good fight y'all. Cheers.
 hmm i doubt you'd be saying that if you could see clearly everything Israel has done TO your country.
 all people need to drop their books of god and pick up a more useful read"the big blue book of bike repair" Thats the real bible! Oh ya my god is Gary Fisher
 Terrance Mkenna is my god!
 to all:
I'm sorry we got into this.
but, you cant judge us until you live with terror, next door.
and to all you peace fighters,
I really think that peace is the way for all religions.
but if you really fight for peace, go and help the people in Syria.
I'm sure you did not get to read anywhere that Israel sending aid to the people of Syria.
And delivers electricity and free water and food for the Palestinians. Even that in return they shoot at us ...
Live your life.
And if you're really bored. Get out and ride. And do not mess with things you do not understand...
 There are not many downhill bike parks in Israel, but there are plenty of beautiful all mountain trails to ride in. In the dead of winter you Europeans can come and spend a week of single-trail riding in the desert.
 Think of this: the kids riding in this video are part of the generation we all hope will contribute to somehow solving this problem. If every time they post up a video or a picture of themselves having fun on their bikes you drag them right back down into a pissing match about who's right, how exactly do you think YOU are contributing to laying the foundation for a potential peaceful co-existence? If you insist on not letting these kids share their stoke with the rest of the world, you are just going to further isolate them and justify them in their belief that it's them against the world. And from that point on, another generation goes to war...

All the haters on here (from both sides), you are contributing to perpetuating the problem much in the same way as the terrorist leaders impregnating young Arab kids with their anti-Israel/anti-West doctrine are. Think about it.

Now go ride your bikes. People who ride bikes don't start wars.
 Stoked to see Israel is slowly building it's MTB community. I have been wanting to go back and visit got lots of family all over Israel this gives me even more insentive to do so. And to everyone talking shit or bringing politics into this just remember it's only a video of some locals showing what there country has to offer for the MTB community. Also who cares about how big or gnar the trails are it's about the love for this sport and having fun with what ever can be built it's not like they have an army of MTB's to help build give it a few years i'm sure more lines and trails to come. You guys are rad hope to visit soon.
 Israel is a great place to ride your bike, not just the bike park at mt. hermon (I haven't been there), there are also a lot of great trails to pedal. Just to bad people talk a lot about politics here and not about riding bike.
 Ya know I use biking as a way to get away from all the bullshit in life, an escape from all the negativity and stresses that surround us everyday. After reading through some of these comments It would appear that some people want to try and bring that same bullshit into biking and start debates/arguments about stuff completely irrelevant to riding. Aren't we all here because of our love of MTB??
 to much politics in the comments people . great video slow motion shots are fantastic added to my favs .
 Sababa! I was there this summer and saw the potential for awesome riding, definitely set your tires on drift mode!
 Now I am definately bringing my bike next year! Hopfully there is some good DH around Haifa.
 there are... you will enjoy it
 It's really cool that bike parks are popping up all around the world like israel. Who cares what the political situation is? i'm not living there so doesn't affect me
 just can't can enough of it.
so much fun to watch it every time!
thank you sahar and pilo for the opportunity to ride for the film.

Eldad.

and you guys who don't want to talk about politics and enjoy about riding and vidoes from israel... here is another one-
www.pinkbike.com/video/266685
 The conflict is yet again more bullshit related to religion, nothing to do with riding your bike and having fun!! "Rant over"
 Okay so to me that system looks like it DOES not need a full DH bike . I could ride my AM rig easily on that trail system. Was looking for something that was DH but props for actually starting somewhere . Guys seriously ? Politics ? C'mon , there is enough always on TV , lets keep this place clean of the bs and lies please .

I will say this tho , a lot of countries better thank the USA otherwise they wouldnt be shit . Good day now !
 a lot of countries better thank the USA otherwise they wouldnt be rich*
 More like: The USA better thank a lot of countries because without them they wouldn't be rich.
 Nice vid guys enjoyed watching. I still think PB should delete all posts, too many filled with vitriol. A mtb forum is no stage for world politics. Admins should get rid of all posts as not to be seen as taking sides.
 www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7mH9dXfaxA&list=UU__fV8KVFDiTFQ4cchvOLuA&index=1&feature=plcp

We have also the Menara, though he did not bike park but have
funicular railway, is also a great target to Down Hill
 Gr8 vid, awesome riding.
And now to the less sexy political section (do skip this if you're here just for biking, unfortunately some intelligent keyboard protesters thought this was a good spot to wage their ignorant war against Israel)

Let's start with a short history lesson shall we. At 1947 the UN proposed to both Jews and Arabs to form two separate states in the land of Israel. One side immediately accepted, and wanted to live peacefully side-by-side with the other which in return immediately started war (we call it out "Independence War"). Guess which side is which? At that time btw, the Arabs were suggested a territory far larger than they will ever get under any future settlement.

Since then, Israel had faced 7 wars plus about 20 years of Intifada (that's another name for simply put - war in which the targets are civilians) (b.t.w, have you guys ever been in one? had your fathers ever had to leave home to war, my assumption is that for most of the so-called activists here the answer is no, more about it in a minuet).

Were we always as bad as some say we are? Let me tell you one thing, I do not know if there's any other nation in the world which could remain half as human as we are will enduring what we endure. Just a small personal example, a few months ago, while Hamas militants targeted Tel-Aviv (where I live) with rockets, during a missile attack running to our shelter I had to explain my 3 year old son what's happening, so I told him that there's a fire and Fireman Sam is on the way. The sad thing is, that my parents had probably told me such stories and their parents told them too. (Though I'm not sure they had known Fireman Sam back then).
 And to my point,
We as a nation had probably made many many mistakes throughout history, maybe we could have done things in other ways too. But this is not a one side story and the Palestinians are way far from being saints. They and the entire Arab world around us had been trying to vanish us systematically for more than 60 years.

So yeh:
We block ships from reaching Gaza - We don't want to make life easy for those that fire missiles on us. (we deliver any aid on them though, not that there anything to deliver, the ships a loaded with nothing but propaganda)
We built a fence between the west bank and ourselves - guess what, buses miraculously stopped exploding on us ever since.
We take down the head of a terrorist from time to time, hack, the US and other Nato parties do it about a thousand times more than us, and that's while fighting 10,000 miles from home.
And most importantly, we ride DH, and love it.

So to all those that red so far, thank you, and for those that couldn't resist attacking Israel I say: "Try walking in my (our) shoes" before you spread your "just-graduated-school-nothing-to-do-no-worries-why-not-join-a-peace-camp-and-oh-those-obnoxious-Israelis-I-hate-them" Tora.

Damn I need a good ride...
 very nice guys! cheers
 Jackdirt, these websites you read for your research, the names of the people who found the information the doctors the witnesses etc etc this is validated by who?
You say the media brainwashes people into believing lies, yet its easier to lie on websites like the bollox you read.
These are the same websites that say the moon landing was a hoax and obama is an alien...............go figure!
 Did not know this existed in Israel. Anyone know if you can get a rental there? We have an office in Tel Aviv and I have always wanted to get out and ride. Delta charges to much money for me to take my bike. Always had to resort to running.
 I am not sure if you can rent a DH bike here, maybe something lighter but I wont count on it. Also, we only have this spot (from the video) and another place called Manara which can justify a big bike. BUT! if you are OK with pedaling, Israel has a HUGE verity of AM trails, some of them are absolutely epic. Feel free to contact me if you are around, you can join me and my buddies for a ride.
 Never heard of Pilo before, I like the custom cnc bash guard/ring at 00:17. I'm a sucker for red ano!
 I feel that the idea of a ski lift (in this case) a bike lift, is a phenomenal idea in dry Mediterranean climate. Is this Mount Hermon?
 Though this is our only bikepark in israel, it is amazing to ride there in summer...
I enjoyed every moment Smile
 Nice to see some shred stuff from the middle east. Pretty nice ridin'.
 wrong place... d'oh!
 So where's this place at?
 If your comment isn't relevant to the subject , Please don't comment it !!! SICK Video !
 I'm not sure that the berm at 1:45 survivedSmile
 cant wait to see those landmine trails
 The place/trails looks cool, nice riding but the music sucks.
 it did suit elements of perfection much better IMOI
 No offence m8, that was only my opinion ;-)...anyway like I wrote great tracks and sick riding! Ride On!
 I love online fights. It's like a pissing contest between children whose balls haven't dropped yet...
 Lots of desert all mountain riding trails in Israel, too. With daytime temperatures at 15-20 C, it's perfect for Europeans looking for rides this time pf year.
 @road-n-dirt
yes you can rent a car and\or bike in TelAviv.
there are some great places to ride near the beach, or on the mountains.
here is some riding from Israel too:
www.pinkbike.com/video/189530
 man that is awsome to see the places you can ride in this world i would for sure ride there if i could
 @Dildoman
you can shove your name into your ass
 saruti it mean's in romanian full of shitSmile Really means...
 @Melanific
"saruti" is "full of shit" in romanian? :-)
haaaa
glad its not my real name :-)
 szaros jozsi Smile
 This is The only bikepark in Israel !!!
 Amazing!! VOD!
 Shit just got real. deleted my post not because im just talking shit but because i have too much of a point!
 And we can say fxxk my god!!
 sweet, great to see a park operating!
 I Hope someday Palestine Have a Bike Park too...
 yes they deserve fun as well
 I didn't see any palestinian on a proper bike to ride a bike park during my time there. I think first you need a bike and then a bike park and not the other way round.
 On a 4 minute video do they really need a minute of credits ?
 @ 00:14, those holes are for a direct mount stem in case you didn't know.